Johnny Joint question

Ddays

Hooked
How far is too far on the double adjustables? I have about 5/8-3/4” out from the 2” adjustment nut and the arm itself, plus the same on the other side to the Johnny joint. I need to move my front out about 1/4” more to clear the back of the fender at full stuff. Any issues?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Good question. I don't know the answer to that. I'm wondering if I need to move the adjusting nut further out so it clamps better? I'm gonna do some research on that....

Ddays

Hooked
What I'm thinking is that the adjusting nut needs to extend out some from the end of the control arm. Maybe an inch? and lining up the cuts on both the adjusting nut and the cut in the CA. I would think that would give you max clamping?

Bierpower

Hooked
That’s a ton of play... I’d probably replace the rod end and adjustment collar. I had a small about of play on one of mine and the pinch bolt was tight to the point that the pieces that the pinch bolt goes through were touching each other. Mel told me to take a cutoff wheel and make the slit bigger. Haven’t had issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
What I'm thinking is that the adjusting nut needs to extend out some from the end of the control arm. Maybe an inch? and lining up the cuts on both the adjusting nut and the cut in the CA. I would think that would give you max clamping?
It's hard to tell with all of the dirt but it looks like your tube is pinched tight at the bolt. I think if you did what AINOKEA said and clearance that a bit you probably wouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
It's hard to tell with all of the dirt but it looks like your tube is pinched tight at the bolt. I think if you did what AINOKEA said and clearance that a bit you probably wouldn't have any issues.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, it's definitely pinched tight. I think I'm gonna do that on the new adjusting nuts I'm ordering with Bubba before they go into the arms. And also make sure the cuts line up.
Emailed Bubba last night & he recommends extending the adjusting nut and JJ's no more than 3/4" from flush.

Top Bottom