JT Camper Shell Bed Cap

Strainger

Caught the Bug
My A.R.E. The color match I had hoped for doesn't come as close as I would like ( especially under these lighting conditions ) but I still get a lot of compliments. The side windows don't fold out. I don't know if they were available when I ordered, but in hindsight it definitely would be something to consider.
C.jpg B.jpg A.jpg D.jpg

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
My A.R.E. The color match I had hoped for doesn't come as close as I would like ( especially under these lighting conditions ) but I still get a lot of compliments. The side windows don't fold out. I don't know if they were available when I ordered, but in hindsight it definitely would be something to consider.
View attachment 357973 View attachment 357972 View attachment 357971 View attachment 357974

When did you order? I was one of the first in my area and that was an option. I miss the sliding window and couldn't live without the folding windows. My local rep said that they don't do it with the HD. My guess is he forgot to send in the correct order when I did the exchange. Your right about the color but it still looks good.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
When did you order? I was one of the first in my area and that was an option. I miss the sliding window and couldn't live without the folding windows. My local rep said that they don't do it with the HD. My guess is he forgot to send in the correct order when I did the exchange. Your right about the color but it still looks good.

I ordered in May and got it in September. I was hoping to color match the camper shell with the hard top and fenders. There is always a wrap or Rust-Oleum or Line-X as a remedy if It comes to that.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the pictures and review strainger. To me these pickups just beg for a topper like that. Looks great.

Oh Garsh. :blush: My pleasure. I should add that the Gladiator bed itself is a sieve. The tailgate lets a ton of dust into the interior and there are numerous holes in the walls and back of the bed that connect to the outside. I'm not sure what they are for but a judicious placement of plugs and rubber strips have, I hope, remedied those short comings and my gear won't be covered in dust after a desert run anymore.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I ordered in May and got it in September. I was hoping to color match the camper shell with the hard top and fenders. There is always a wrap or Rust-Oleum or Line-X as a remedy if It comes to that.[/QUOTE

I think it looks great. I did the line x on both the ones I had and they were great.

Aust249

We added the RLD Designs truck cap to the JT. Tig welded stainless steel. Made in South Africa.

Attachments

• 3C4C2D52-AF35-47C8-8D99-9D56D0EC068C.jpg
    3C4C2D52-AF35-47C8-8D99-9D56D0EC068C.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 97

Sharkey

Word Ninja
We added the RLD Designs truck cap to the JT. Tig welded stainless steel. Made in South Africa.

I’ve been looking at those but haven’t seen one in person. Seems like the build quality is fantastic.

I’m still undecided on the lines. Sometimes I love the look and other times I’m not as sure.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Haha
Same here. Definitely between this and the RSI for me.

I like the RSI too, and the clean lines of the A.R.E. CX Classic. Basically, I’m a mess. Part of me also wants to go with the bed rack and part of me doesn’t want anything.

These are all high dollar purchases and not ones for which I want buyer’s remorse. :(

WJCO

Meme King
..... and part of me doesn’t want anything.

These are all high dollar purchases and not ones for which I want buyer’s remorse. :(

I don't blame you. If I were you, wait a few months after you get the truck. I thought for sure the first thing I was going to do immediately was build a custom cage/tire carrier in the bed (similar looking to Brute's JK6 with an angled tire) and I still may, but the more I look at the Gladiator just being a 'truck,' I think it looks pretty clean with nothing above the bed at all.

Robar

The Enforcer
Has anyone received an RSI? I ordered one months ago and they kept delaying delivery. I final cancelled and got me deposit back.

Just saw this out in the wild. I’ve never really liked soft toppers but it looks okay. Goes along pretty well if you have a soft top up. IMG_7733.jpg .

Brute

Hooked
I like the RSI too, and the clean lines of the A.R.E. CX Classic. Basically, I’m a mess. Part of me also wants to go with the bed rack and part of me doesn’t want anything.

You can always go the rack route first, and if it doesn’t work for you most likely sell it and reinvest in something else. Like WJCO said, if you plan on using it as a “truck” to haul things, a topper may not be best...but it might be useful in deterring the dreaded truck owners lament of “can you help me move shit” from family, friends and neighbors (I’ve owned trucks all my life and know this well)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Just saw this out in the wild. I’ve never really liked soft toppers but it looks okay. Goes along pretty well if you have a soft top up. View attachment 358996 .

Looked at those too, and if I was getting a black top, or a soft top, there is a fair chance I would have gone in that direction. I don’t think they look great with a color matched hard top though.

Looked at those too, and if I was getting a black top, or a soft top, there is a fair chance I would have gone in that direction. I don’t think they look great with a color matched hard top though.

Agreed on the color matching. However I’m almost 100% sold on a RSI and won’t be painting it. Hmmm

Top Bottom