JT finally hits the rocks

bkac

Caught the Bug
Nice glad everything worked out .......... I'll be coming that way next month.......

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man I’d love to run it with you. Let me know your dates! I’m finally getting around to building some sliders as my factory ones did a number on my rockers when I pulled them off

IMG_2048.jpg

IMG_2049.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Ddays

Hooked
Sliders look great. Someone has to do it since EVO doesn't seem interested in doing it any more :naw:

bkac

Caught the Bug
Sliders look great! You built those from scratch? 2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Yes from two 20’ sticks of 1-3/4 .250 wall tubing

IMG_2022.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

Sliders look great. Someone has to do it since EVO doesn't seem interested in doing it any more :naw:

Thanks, man I’ve always love their JK design and it’s not really copying if they don’t make them, right? I can’t sell them, I wouldn’t feel right about that considering they look like the EVO JK ones. They take a good bit of time to build. I have about 6 hours in them so far. I just need to cut the frame mounting plates on the laser to finish them up. I can tell you the JT has quite the curve in the body from the rear to the front as where the JK was pretty much straight.

IMG_2043.jpg

Dude. Just give them a few weeks....

Hahahaha

Yup, just three more!

I hear they were shipping them out to sell then Covid hit, just have to wait to flatten the curve! [emoji848] Hahahahaha

Rst8rox

Great pictures! Looks like a hell of a good time. Sorry to hear about your links. Your rig looks amazing on the rocks! Gotta admit it’s one of my favorite JTs!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Is there enough clearance on the RK mounts that the JJ's would fit? With your fab skills I bet you could make your own arms up with them in as the ends.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Great pictures! Looks like a hell of a good time. Sorry to hear about your links. Your rig looks amazing on the rocks! Gotta admit it’s one of my favorite JTs!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for that. I’m a fan of my rig to [emoji13] I’m glad I went with the color Sting this round. [emoji1360]

bkac

Caught the Bug
Is there enough clearance on the RK mounts that the JJ's would fit? With your fab skills I bet you could make your own arms up with them in as the ends.

That’s a great question. I just might have to look into that. I could fab up some rear arms but then if they fail I have no one to complain to! Hahahaha

Undertheradar

Caught the Bug
Awesome!! So many folk just don't understand the longer the wheelbase the better out on big rocks. As long as you're lifted and get the right size tires for the terrain, you'll climb over everything. My friends in 122" WB always do the best on Rubicon and Fordyce. Tight turns are the only things that slow you down!

nfosterma

Great looking JT, and I love seeing that the wheelbase doesn't seem to be a limiting factor. I've seen various posts from you here and there, but do you have a specific thread on your own build? It's really impressive, and I'm trying to get my own ideas for the direction I want to take with my next Jeep.

Top Bottom