Just placed order for aluminum evo corners

I'm going to put some resisters in at the same time and wire to my rear lights I have added. They can be switched on manually and come on automatically when my back up lights come on.

utiadam

LOSER
I'm going to put some resisters in at the same time and wire to my rear lights I have added. They can be switched on manually and come on automatically when my back up lights come on.

That will be cool. I'm going to put (2) single row 6" led bars on top of the evo fascia but I'm not going to wire them into reverse. I think I'll just wire them into my switch panel.

utiadam

LOSER
So after installing the corners and tail lights everything seems to be good except the turn signals are fast. I did install the 6 ohm resistors but that didn't make a difference. Any ideas?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419748908.251538.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1419748948.104072.jpg

I'm not close to my lights right now but I remember two pigtails coming off the lights. Did you just splice everything into one? Looks good, and as long as you spliced in as stated with the resistors, no idea???

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Are the resistors hooked up right? They should be screwed to metal away from your wires also. They get hot

utiadam

LOSER
Are the resistors hooked up right? They should be screwed to metal away from your wires also. They get hot

Ok, I can remove the zip ties and screw them into metal. I was curious about them possibly being directional like a diode so yesterday I cut them out. I measured resistance both directions and got about 6.3-6.5 ohms. I tried different resistances as well from 2.5, 3.5, 4.5, and 7.5 ohms. It blinks normal speed the first time you actuate the signal and then the second time it goes fast. I know that there are no load/led flashers available but I'm not sure if the jeep can use one?

utiadam

LOSER
I'm not close to my lights right now but I remember two pigtails coming off the lights. Did you just splice everything into one? Looks good, and as long as you spliced in as stated with the resistors, no idea???

Are you referring to the factory tail light pigtails? Everything is functioning fine as far as running lights, brake lights, reverse, and hazard. Hazard lights are normal speed but turn signals are fast.

Top Bottom