just put on new axles now im getting codes???

Brute

Hooked
I've had a regear done that ended up in limp mode years ago...the only recourse was to replace the tcm...which immediately resolved the issue...

black pearl

Hooked
I got a question for those who know more the I. I'm getting ready to get new axels soon (hopefully in the next few months) I am planning to get a flash system, not sure what one yet. So I know the computer for automatic transmission get goofy with a re-gear at time, but how does it effect with a manual transmission? I'm assuming it would be for the stability control/traction control wigging out if it wasn't set up right.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
I got a question for those who know more the I. I'm getting ready to get new axels soon (hopefully in the next few months) I am planning to get a flash system, not sure what one yet. So I know the computer for automatic transmission get goofy with a re-gear at time, but how does it effect with a manual transmission? I'm assuming it would be for the stability control/traction control wigging out if it wasn't set up right.

Yeah, I’d have to imagine you’d have the same control issues. I used the AEV Procal and had no issues.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
That would suck ass lol
It would suck a lot of ass! lol
But hopefully Rogers right and you find a simple solution to your problem [emoji1303]
All the dealer does is flashes the computer back to stock with any updates every time you bring it in for service, that causes the superchips or what ever tune you have to erase and it will lock out your superchip. You will know if this happens by plugging your superchip in the obd2 and it will say that the superchips is already assigned to another vehicle and won’t let you do anything. Inorder to unlock it you have to call superchip to send you an unlock code. It won’t fry your computer the dealer just resets it and updates it nothing more. I know this because it has happened to me before I knew better.

BaddestCross

I'd guess it would flip out the traction control for sure and the speedometer probably. You're still running stock tires or you just never recalibrated?

I use the FlashPaq and have had no issues.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

dirtywilly30

It’s obvious the new axles are not compatible with your particular Jeep. Go ahead and pull them off and crate them up, ship them to me, I’ll pm you my address, once I get them installed I’ll ship you my 44s. Problem solved.
You’re welcome 🤪

Lmao !!! As long as you send a check. Too lol

TOPLESS

Caught the Bug
Keep us posted. I’m not upgrading yet but want to keep the info in the good ol’ memory bank.

dirtywilly30

All the dealer does is flashes the computer back to stock with any updates every time you bring it in for service, that causes the superchips or what ever tune you have to erase and it will lock out your superchip. You will know if this happens by plugging your superchip in the obd2 and it will say that the superchips is already assigned to another vehicle and won’t let you do anything. Inorder to unlock it you have to call superchip to send you an unlock code. It won’t fry your computer the dealer just resets it and updates it nothing more. I know this because it has happened to me before I knew better.

That’s a good thing to know Bc I plug it is it let me right in it work so I don’t believe they plugged it in to the pc there. And the. Service guy Is my buddy and knows I got the superchip in it

nbunga

Caught the Bug

The only issue I’ve had since I re-geared mine was the speed being off. But that was already that way when I bought it since it had 35” tires. No problems with the stability/traction control. I’m too cheap to buy a programmer just to fix my speed. Plus my odometer shows fewer miles than it actually has.

jdofmemi

Mine went into limp mode like that when two speed sensors or really one sensor and one wire went bad.

The computer will work with one bad sensor, as I had a wire break on a rear wheel speed sensor and had not gotten time to install the replacement. Then while I was driving normally, after a stop, it went to limp mode and would not shift.
When I plugged in my programmer to read codes, I had both rear sensors show bad, then a third code, I don't remember what it was, but speed sensor related.

I changed out the wiring that I already knew was bad, and it went out of limp mode and would drive normal, but for the tc light and still a code for the other rear speed sensor.

The point I am making is that multiple speed sensor failure can cause limp mode.

I would start with checking all of the wires and connections to be sure they are properly connected.

black pearl

Hooked
The only issue I’ve had since I re-geared mine was the speed being off. But that was already that way when I bought it since it had 35” tires. No problems with the stability/traction control. I’m too cheap to buy a programmer just to fix my speed. Plus my odometer shows fewer miles than it actually has.

This makes sense the more I think about it. The traction control more or less just communicates wheel to wheel through the computer. It's when wheel speeds start differentiating from each other when it kicks in. I still think a programmer is a good idea.

Jsouder53

Hooked
This makes sense the more I think about it. The traction control more or less just communicates wheel to wheel through the computer. It's when wheel speeds start differentiating from each other when it kicks in. I still think a programmer is a good idea.

I use the AEV procal, works great [emoji106] I like the simplicity of it

dirtywilly30

Mine went into limp mode like that when two speed sensors or really one sensor and one wire went bad.

The computer will work with one bad sensor, as I had a wire break on a rear wheel speed sensor and had not gotten time to install the replacement. Then while I was driving normally, after a stop, it went to limp mode and would not shift.
When I plugged in my programmer to read codes, I had both rear sensors show bad, then a third code, I don't remember what it was, but speed sensor related.

I changed out the wiring that I already knew was bad, and it went out of limp mode and would drive normal, but for the tc light and still a code for the other rear speed sensor.

The point I am making is that multiple speed sensor failure can cause limp mode.

I would start with checking all of the wires and connections to be sure they are properly connected.

So I just swapped out the two sensors in the front and rear it’s out of limp mode and running perfect

Top Bottom