Kidde Recalls Fire Extinguishers with plastic handles

TrailHunter

Hooked
You are correct sir. Next time you’re at a supermarket or somewhere look at the ones they have mounted to the poles, same thing, it’s pretty standard

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah.. but in the Jeep, that scares me... pin falls out, handle gets hit, boom, white interior.... my yellow tie broke simply taking it out of the box. See my previous post, I pulled the other leg of the pin spring under the grab handle... holds tight but easily pulls out with some force.

I’m sure you can get a thicker one if you want it, the ones we had at my work had a thicker plastic. Fun fact if they don’t have that on them they’re illegal and Fire Marshall fines the business.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m sure you can get a thicker one if you want it, the ones we had at my work had a thicker plastic. Fun fact if they don’t have that on them they’re illegal and Fire Marshall fines the business.

I’ll look into that thicker strap. [emoji1360] And thanks for the tip because my Jeep means Business. [emoji41]

TrailHunter

Hooked
I just bought some twist ties because I didn’t want to have the 99spares lol. It holds the pin in and it’s easy to pull off.
I use the rest of those to tie my bread packaging back up after selecting the slice I want [emoji41]
View attachment 285697

Haha! Thats a much better idea... but seriously though... as far as the bread goes: Grab bread bag, pull off tie, throw tie in trash, select bread slices, twist bag tightly closed, tuck excess plastic under bread bag and carefully place in fridge.... eat sandwich, wait for wife to yell “Where’s the F’n Bread Tie!!”... Plead the 5th.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Haha! Thats a much better idea... but seriously though... as far as the bread goes: Grab bread bag, pull off tie, throw tie in trash, select bread slices, twist bag tightly closed, tuck excess plastic under bread bag and carefully place in fridge.... eat sandwich, wait for wife to yell “Where’s the F’n Bread Tie!!”... Plead the 5th.

lol, I laughed out loud. I am very familiar with that technique as well....

Tried my recalled extinguisher out, worked fine. That handle wouldn’t have broken for anything. The valve did get stuck open though, so it discharged completely from being pressed a couple times.

🤷*♂️ strange.

Top Bottom