Kids camping?

TLAW719

As others have said near bishop is a great area. Lots of wheeling and fishing. There are three good lakes up there, south lake, north lake and lake subrina. Also so good river fishing. Last time I was there I pulled 17 fish in one epic day. Lots of great camp sites as well.

Skid_Kid

You can also camp at San Onofre beach on Camp Pendleton.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jelliott076

Looking for suggestions for places around So Cali to take the kids camping/fishing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

10Frank9

Mt. Santa Rosa of of Hwy 74 is beautiful and there's a really great view of the desert at the top of the peak. It's just adjacent to Toro Peak. Valley of the Moon is a favorite and has some cool caves and mines and great trails. It's at just of the I-8east on the Inkopah Exit. Follow the dirt road up the hill near the radio tower and it will drop down into the valley to the east of the freeway.

Valley of the Moon_20130203_143637.jpg Valley of the Moon_20130203_142220.jpg 03-10-12 ValleyOfthe Moon_0354.jpg

LBrito

Looking for suggestions for places around So Cali to take the kids camping/fishing. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

10Frank9

I find kids tend to have a blast here:

http://cms.sbcounty.gov/parks/Parks/YucaipaRegionalPark.aspx

Yucaipa Regional Park has nice big camp areas and an awesome swim lagoon that has slides and a beach area. There is also a lot of areas for hiking, fishing, and things away from the crowds at the giant lagoon thing. But, kids tend to like a little recreation there. There's enough nature so that you don't feel like you're just paying to camp at a park though.

Top Bottom