KMC Machetes

SuperSlim

I installed my lift a couple of weeks ago and my daughter helped me get my BFGs mounted on Machete wheels. I have attached a couple of pics.

The wheels and tires were easy to assemble and I definitely recommend using an air wrench. Even with Tire Slick, sometimes the wheels did not go through so easy, but hanging onto the too of the garage door and several bounces always did the trick. It wouldn't be worth it to have someone install these for you unless you are sub-150 pounds. I retorqued after 100 miles and only had a few loose bolts.

I will have to add photos later, can't seem to do it with my phone.

For some reason, from all of the pictures I have seen, they look like they are based off of ATX Slabs, they have a different spoke pattern and the ring looks like it would fit right onto a slab or chamber pro2. And with the video Mel wade posted on Facebook a couple of days ago it seems like they just notched around the bolt holes on the rims so that they could drain.

For some reason, from all of the pictures I have seen, they look like they are based off of ATX Slabs, they have a different spoke pattern and the ring looks like it would fit right onto a slab or chamber pro2. And with the video Mel wade posted on Facebook a couple of days ago it seems like they just notched around the bolt holes on the rims so that they could drain.

Kmc owns ATX now which is why you would say they look similar. More than likely the ring would fit on the slabs or chamber pro's but I wouldn't run it. All of those holes just makes it look easier for them to allow a rock to just wedge itself in there

One nice thing about those holes is that it allows them to drain water from them. Do you think they have the same hole pattern? Those would look kinda nice on the Chamber Pros.....

One nice thing about those holes is that it allows them to drain water from them. Do you think they have the same hole pattern? Those would look kinda nice on the Chamber Pros.....

The main difference is that the wheel also is modified to allow water to drain out. In the screen shot below you can see where they reduced metal on the wheel to match up with the holes in the ring
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1468753495.180984.jpg.

The water drains well. I will get them off-road in a couple of weeks, but possibly still no mud. I think it is the same ring as the Slabs and Chamber Pros.

I've already looked into it with a wheel pros dealer. The standard slab/chamber pro ring is $100 each to replace. The machete rings are $200 each. The bolt pattern in the same but of course it won't work because of the notched wheel itself.

I've already looked into it with a wheel pros dealer. The standard slab/chamber pro ring is $100 each to replace. The machete rings are $200 each. The bolt pattern in the same but of course it won't work because of the notched wheel itself.

Yikes, the hell with that! $200 apiece is a dealbreaker even if they did fit!

Top Bottom