Kmc wheels xd229 machete beadlock

jschmadeke

Purchased a set - question

I have been eyeing these rims as I do not like how my current beadlocks trap water and snow inside the beadlock rim. For anyone running the Machete's; how well do they actually drain? Do they trap a little water or let it all out? I have no other complaints about my current rims, but would switch if the holes in the beadlock rim work as designed.

Regarding the original question:

I just mounted a 37x12.50x17 cooper stt on a machete beadlock yesterday afternoon. I too was sold on the drain holes in the rings. However when I mounted the first one, I noticed the ultra-thick bead on the tire created a substantial void between the ring and actual wheel.

I've read several companies offer beadlock ring spacers. Would you guys recommend I pick up a set or just run the wheels they way they are? I can see how heavy wheeling might create "coning" in the rings or possibly break bolts should they carve up against big rocks.

beadlock ring space.JPG

Ddays

Hooked

I just mounted a 37x12.50x17 cooper stt on a machete beadlock yesterday afternoon. I too was sold on the drain holes in the rings. However when I mounted the first one, I noticed the ultra-thick bead on the tire created a substantial void between the ring and actual wheel.

I've read several companies offer beadlock ring spacers. Would you guys recommend I pick up a set or just run the wheels they way they are? I can see how heavy wheeling might create "coning" in the rings or possibly break bolts should they carve up against big rocks.

View attachment 311609

The Coopers have a really thick bead - the gap will eventually close - keep going,. You do not want a gap in between the wheel & ring. Keep chasing the bolts in a circular pattern with your torque wrench. I sprayed mine down with Murphys oil soap - it helped lube the bead up some.

boardsurfer

The holes in the rings are very functional for draining. You may find a spoonful of water at most left over. They work really well.

gsrious

View attachment 311609
do not drive off like that.

Keep chasing the bolts down as it is said above in a star cross pattern. You are not the first to mount the 37" stt pros and you wont be the last. The rings and wheels will seat/make contact.

Heck, if you want, back them all out a bit and re-torque again to spec.

Top Bottom