Land Rover vs JK Rubicon video

Benito

Caught the Bug
What's a center locker?

Since the Land Rover is an all wheel drive vehicle it has a center diff instead of a transfer case. If a single wheel on the Land Rover loses traction, all the power will go to that wheel. In off road situations, and with a land rovers wheel travel, not all four wheels are always on the ground. By locking the center diff, you are essentially engaging 4WD so that at least o e wheel on each axle is spinning.

Heholua

Exactly.

They better have that big ass LR and all of its payload to carry enough supplies when it leaves you stranded because it can't off road for shit.

I think a more fair comparison would've been a Grand Wagoneer.

Last edited:

dwvninety

They better have that big ass LR and all of its payload to carry enough supplies when it leaves you stranded because it can't off road for shit.

I think a more fair comparison would've been a Grand Wagoneer.

It depends on your definition of off road. My LR can do almost everything my Jeep can, the Jeep though is better in Rock Crawling hands down. For cargo space the LR beats Jeep but I do believe in carrying extra parts (lots) cause it will leave you stranded if you don't meticulously keep it maintained. If you are into medium to hard trails the LR is sufficient, it will get you through in comfort. If you are into the really hard trails Jeeps hands down. Only advantage in my case is if you are into long over-landing (off road, no provisioning, camping 2+ weeks) the LR has enough room to accommodate all your gears. If you are into a week or less camping, and into really tough trails, and want to enjoy the element (tops and doors off) hands down the Jeep.

As for reliability Jeep! Never have I worried what could implode next. I take my Jeep, off road it, drive it home and clean it. The LR I have to constantly check the engine temp (cause it can just overheat for no apparent reason) check all fluids, check front drive shaft as these can crater and punch a hole in your transmission. Why do I put up with the LR? Because it's the step-child of Jeep. LR was designed off WWII Jeeps left in Great Britain. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom