Leaky soft top

Is the way in the picture the it’s supposed to be?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s a very thin little lip of rubber, that can easily get folded over. The little lip, should extend towards the rear of the Jeep, under the door surround. Mine doesn’t look perfect, but it’s a used top I bought from someone. Ask me how I know that will cause a leak, there, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

It’s a very thin little lip of rubber, that can easily get folded over. The little lip, should extend towards the rear of the Jeep, under the door surround. Mine doesn’t look perfect, but it’s a used top I bought from someone. Ask me how I know that will cause a leak, there, lol.

Will you be able to tell me if mine looks right for sure? Thank you!IMG_0022.jpg

Do you have a pic of the area of the rubber seal you are referring to and that the dealer reformed? Thank you!

Unfortunately I don’t. And it’s raining right now so I can’t get you one. I will try later though. It’s the rubber seal that runs across the top of the windshield frame near the edge, where the soft top meets when closed. Evidently it rolled and creased when I had closed it. Leaving a small opening in the rubber seal. But enough for water to get in.
I don’t know how it happened but that’s what they told me.
I alway wipe it down and slowly and evenly put the top on before I latch it in now.

Unfortunately I don’t. And it’s raining right now so I can’t get you one. I will try later though. It’s the rubber seal that runs across the top of the windshield frame near the edge, where the soft top meets when closed. Evidently it rolled and creased when I had closed it. Leaving a small opening in the rubber seal. But enough for water to get in.
I alway wipe it down and slowly and evenly put the top on before I latch it in now.

You should be able to replace that.

May be just a weird coincidence, but I found if I had the rear corners in before I locked the windshield it leaked in that spot. Same for my hard top doing the screws before the windshield hook. My guess is it wasn’t allowing a proper seal.

Thank you!

Top Bottom