LED conversion KIT??

Has anyone looked into any other type of LED conversion kit other than truck light?

I found a conversion kit from a local supplier and thought I would try it out. for 160.00 versus 500 or 399 (when on sale) for truck lights I thought I would give them a try.
They replace my stock bulbs and were a good fit into the lens.

I have had them in my JK for a week or so now and they are bright as hell!! now I see why everyone raved about the truck lights!!!! LED's ARE BRIGHT :brows:

SO here are some before and after pics.

Post up if you found anything like this. I was kinda unsure how they would work out due to cost. but seem to be working just fine so far.

I would really like to find a set of truck lights and put them side by side. I think the truck lights will be brighter. but its hard for me to cough up the 150 more for them. Only time will tell how long they last.

First pic is Low beam stock, Second is high beam stock, Third is Low beam LED.

GOPR0229.JPG GOPR0230.JPG GOPR0231.JPG

StrizzyChris

The low beam LED looks like High beams on stock. Can you adjust them down? Otherwise you'll be blinding people any time your lights are on. If they are adjustable I'd be interested in them as well. I too find the cost of trucklights to be WAY out of my price range for lights. While stock headlights may suck...they are free when you buy the Jeep

DA RUNT

I too find the cost of trucklights to be WAY out of my price range for lights. While stock headlights may suck...they are free when you buy the Jeep

I fought with myself over spending that much on truck-lites for a year. After I pulled the trigger and installed them, I regretted not getting them sooner.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Look good! I already have truck lites, but I'm looking into a conversion for my fog lites.

What are these? Post up a link. Does it scatter light like there's no tomorrow?

The low beam LED looks like High beams on stock. Can you adjust them down? Otherwise you'll be blinding people any time your lights are on. If they are adjustable I'd be interested in them as well. I too find the cost of trucklights to be WAY out of my price range for lights. While stock headlights may suck...they are free when you buy the Jeep

They are bright. I adjusted the lights down more to keep from blinding people. I had my wife drive in the opposite direction and she said that they are not any worse than stock when driving into them. I don't have a link to them. I stopped by a local 4x4 parts store and he offered to let me try them. and I winded up buying them. :icon_crazy:

john@4lowparts.com contact info for information for the shop owner that sales the lights.

ljvsnyder

Can you take a pic of the housing we maybe able to determine manufacturer from there?

Last edited:

ljvsnyder

Those are lifetime led bulbs. Extreme terrain sells them as Raxiom. And several ebay sellers sell them. They work great on dim.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Those are lifetime led bulbs. Extreme terrain sells them as Raxiom. And several ebay sellers sell them. They work great on dim.

I wouldn't accept free parts from extreme terrain, much less give them any of my hard earned money. The company's business practices are unacceptable.

I wouldn't accept free parts from extreme terrain, much less give them any of my hard earned money. The company's business practices are unacceptable.

Please explain. Any evidence?

I have never heard of the company. Like I said I got the kit from a local shop. I know nothing about extreme terrain. But I would like to know more.

Too many issues

I bought a set when they first came out through LT led. Sitting on them I watched as complaint after complaint piled up. Clocking issues, no distinction between high and lows, stopped working all together, water entering the housing, etc etc. LT did make good with returns. Dunno... I don't DD my JK. Might throw them in for shuts and giggles, but
I don't recommend them to anybody :grayno:

Top Bottom