LED Fog Light Options

chris h.

Wishing I would have done a comparison but I was too excited to get them in. The TLs are great and these fogs compliment them nicely by filling in the gap just in front of the jeep. I'll climb out of bed and take a pic hold on.

RockyJk

Ok finally got around to taking pics of the Fog Bulbs I bought. PN# mentioned above.

This pic is from the cab forward and just fogs turned on. The right bulb was replaced. It's noticeably brighter.
View attachment 97476

This pic is looking at the bulbs. The new bulb is on the left, OEM on the right. Slight color difference as well.

View attachment 97477

This pic is with the truck lites on as well.

View attachment 97478

I'm good with the $13 bulbs for now. A tad brighter and clearer than OEM.

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

How do they match up to the color of the trucklites?? $13 bulbs is my kinda budget! Lol

LoPo

Caught the Bug
How do they match up to the color of the trucklites?? $13 bulbs is my kinda budget! Lol

Somewhat whiter than OEM. This one fills out better, notice my first pic. The OEM one is on, but barely noticeable. I'll be driving in the dark tomorrow night so I can get a better sense for them then. :yup:

JAGS

Hooked
Ok finally got around to taking pics of the Fog Bulbs I bought. PN# mentioned above.

This pic is from the cab forward and just fogs turned on. The right bulb was replaced. It's noticeably brighter.
View attachment 97476

This pic is looking at the bulbs. The new bulb is on the left, OEM on the right. Slight color difference as well.

View attachment 97477

This pic is with the truck lites on as well.

View attachment 97478

I'm good with the $13 bulbs for now. A tad brighter and clearer than OEM.

How's the appearance with the TL on looking at the grill? Color look off. Can you notice the fogs from the can with the TLs.

- Jason

LoPo

Caught the Bug
How's the appearance with the TL on looking at the grill? Color look off. Can you notice the fogs from the can with the TLs.

- Jason

Cool. And I meant from the cab on the second part. With the TLs on with/without fogs.

- Jason

Here you go. Left is new bulb, right is OEM.
1409284230588.jpg

Truck lites only from the cab.
1409284272454.jpg

Truck lites plus fogs from the cab.
1409284300401.jpg

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the pics. Definitely more light throw with the fogs based on the photos. Still seems a little "yellow" compared to the TLs. Is it like that in person??? - Jason

Yea it's yellow, but less yellow than OEM. Definitely not a temperature match for the TL's.

RJEEPO

braved the humidity and worked on the jeep today haha! I know I know tough job but somebody got to do it :D

1. putcos
2. no lights
3. fog only
4. fog + TL lows
5. TL highs
6. putco fog light pattern

throws light everywhere but not really bright either way. does illuminate reflective signs a bit and that is a good thing. you couldn't drive around with just these fogs only unless offroad and no street lights at all. they match the TLs ok much better than stock fog bulbs. speaking of which, yes you do have to clip or sand off a tab on the putcos but is very minor mod to do very easy. very tight fit shoving them in though.

Attachments

• IMG_4334.JPG
    IMG_4334.JPG
    221.8 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_4344.JPG
    IMG_4344.JPG
    313 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4345.JPG
    IMG_4345.JPG
    327 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4346.JPG
    IMG_4346.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4347.JPG
    IMG_4347.JPG
    369.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_4348.JPG
    IMG_4348.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 114

RJEEPO

front view to show color match. sorry for crappy Ipotato photo
shoes the circular pattern though. so now have little V patterns with the TLs and big Os with the Putcos. weird.

given the light pattern I don't think these putcos would work a damn in real fog since they spread light EVERYWHERE. would end up blinding you with the kickback! luckily, there is no fog here so this is all cosmetics.

looking at this pic now with all the glare I'm surprised I didn't get flashed tonight. Might get pulled over some day too? Not sure about these bulbs if will keep 'em. Any other suggestions? Given the stock lens maybe nothing else would do better?

Attachments

• IMG_4332.jpg
    IMG_4332.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

07JKSahara

This is what I did to match my truck lites:

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/5202-H16-9009-XenonDepot-LED-Fog-Light-Bulbs-p/xd-5202-led.htm

All you have to do is slice one of the alignment pins with a razor blade. I am pretty happy with the results, the 6000k match perfectly, and under $50, I'm in. View attachment 93108

View attachment 93109

This is what they looked like before.....
View attachment 93110

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app. -Swany

Finally ordered these. I'll snap some pics when they get here. I have TL headlights I'm hoping to match.

07JKSahara

So the LEDS got here. They are far from a perfect fit though, is anyone else worried about water getting in? Mine don't seem to seal well.

They are a really good match to the color temp of the Truck Lites though. Overall I'm happy.

JAGS

Hooked
So the LEDS got here. They are far from a perfect fit though, is anyone else worried about water getting in? Mine don't seem to seal well.

They are a really good match to the color temp of the Truck Lites though. Overall I'm happy.

Any pics of the seal issue you can snap? Do you think there is any fix to the issue or just is what it is?

- Jason

07JKSahara

Any pics of the seal issue you can snap? Do you think there is any fix to the issue or just is what it is?

- Jason

View attachment 102105

I will snap some from under the jeep tomorrow. It's like the OEM has a pressure seal to keep water out, and these don't really have that o ring. I get the sense it is what it is, but a little ingenuity on my part might fix it. I was a little rushed. Easy install and kbcar had a 5% off. Under $50 to the door.

EDIT: now that I look closer at the pics, I think the tab needs to be totally flat with a razor. I'll try and post a pic of what I did if it works.

Last edited:

JAGS

Hooked
View attachment 102105

I will snap some from under the jeep tomorrow. It's like the OEM has a pressure seal to keep water out, and these don't really have that o ring. I get the sense it is what it is, but a little ingenuity on my part might fix it. I was a little rushed. Easy install and kbcar had a 5% off. Under $50 to the door.

EDIT: now that I look closer at the pics, I think the tab needs to be totally flat with a razor. I'll try and post a pic of what I did if it works.

Not sure the gap, but maybe some RTV would seal it up.

Or maybe a little extra trim with a razor will work too.

- Jason

Top Bottom