Let games begin!

dchotrod

I can't name just one reason I love jeeps. The places you can go. The wind blowing through your hair (or lack there of). The friends. The list goes on. At any rate I went way too long without one. But with the prompting of beautiful 4 & 7 year olds, the search began for our new ride. June 8th we picked up our new (yes new with 320 miles) 2014 red JKUR.
IMG_4473.jpg
We love it stock, but of course dad wants more stuff. This is my DD, but I have amazing memories of getting off road with the old CJ7. This is also my first build. So, I have some ideas, need some more, want to learn from y'all's experiences, and mostly look forward to it all!
My list is below. Add to it or throw your 2 cents in.
  • Trektop NX-got it
  • 3" Enforcer with DLF-ordered
  • Bilstein 5100-ordered
  • 17" Method Roost-ordered
  • 35x12.50 Open Country R/T-ordered
  • Warn Zeon 12k-Got it today!
  • Truck lites
  • Uniden 980
    • 4' firestick
    • OBA

Need to hear about your experiences with programmers. I've looked around at a few other posts, but feel free to chime in here.
    Leaning toward a Procal but the Propac and Traildash seem like decent ideas. Not sure If I would REALLY use the tuning if MPG wasn't affected much.
    Also still need bumpers and tire carrier.

Let the games begin!!:D:D

Jk909

Congrats man. Your list of mods seems like you're starting with some quality parts.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
congrats on the new rig! you are going to love the trektop! As far as tire carriers go; I personally like EVO and Genright carriers.

Nosos

Nice looking Jeep! Looks like you're missing a new front driveshaft on your list. On our two Jeeps we use a ProCal for each and have never had a problem with them, super easy to use!

dchotrod

Thanks guys! You're right about the drive shafts. They are on the list I just forgot to show them. Any particular favorites on these?

Last edited:

Peak

Congrats can't wait to see the build begin! I've used the ProCal, does everything I need and it's very simple to use.
Bumpers: Personally I run the 1/4 and I love it. Imo the EVO 1/4 with stinger would be a great addition to your Jeep.

sean.m.adams33

Congrats on the jeep and the build to come! I have had JE Reel shafts on both my jeeps and they have been great. I am running 1350's.

JohnnyD

Congrats! Nice friggin color, just pops.

Your going to love the rt's

Winch is bullet proof as well

Congrats again

dchotrod

Alrighty then. Build starts tomorrow!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1436490440.195772.jpg
The down side is I have my lift. I have my tires. I have to wait on the stupid wheels! Not gonna buy spacers for a the month it will take the wheels to come in. so...

Last edited:

dchotrod

Taking votes for front bumpers. Give your thoughts about why as well. The nominees are
-Evo Pro Series
-GenRight aluminum with low profile guard bar
-Expedition One Core with hoop

Top Bottom