Lets debate front axle shaft

ThatJeepGuy

Can you elaborate a bit more on the Yukon super joints in terms of why not on a daily driver?

So the Yukon joints uses a rubber bushing instead of needle bearings making them crazy strong but the bushings wear out on the street from what I have seen. And they’re $$$ to buy as well.

I could be wrong and maybe the ones I have seen just weren’t serviced/installed properly.

Yukon says on their site that they don’t recommend daily driving on these.

Pictures have a bit more info and some prices on the Yukon joints.
IMG_9591.jpg IMG_9592.jpg IMG_9593.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
So the Yukon joints uses a rubber bushing instead of needle bearings making them crazy strong but the bushings wear out on the street from what I have seen. And they’re $$$ to buy as well.

I could be wrong and maybe the ones I have seen just weren’t serviced/installed properly.

View attachment 316572 View attachment 316573 View attachment 316574

Maybe something suitable for front axle shafts on a rig with locking hubs. That way the u joints won’t be spinning all the time, until the hubs are locked. JKs need not apply.

jesse3638

Hooked

View attachment 316572 View attachment 316573 View attachment 316574

Holy hell those are expensive! They're close to the price of new chro-mo shafts with u-joints. O'reilly carries solid Spicer u joints $20-$30 ea...haha.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Maybe something suitable for front axle shafts on a rig with locking hubs. That way the u joints won’t be spinning all the time, until the hubs are locked. JKs need not apply.

Yeah that would be a great application

But if they're not spinning why pay an obnoxious premium for them? Regular joints would last longer as well. Maybe a high HP rig or something but kinda seems like money wasted.....hmmmmm, sorta like RCV shafts

fiend

Caught the Bug
But if they're not spinning why pay an obnoxious premium for them? Regular joints would last longer as well. Maybe a high HP rig or something but kinda seems like money wasted.....hmmmmm, sorta like RCV shafts

Indeed. Nothing about that product makes sense to me.

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
I'm running Carbon Offroad front and rear. Can't beat the price. Shafts are manufactured overseas and assembled here with Spicer parts. 15 year warranty covers everything including flanges.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

Another vote for Carbon. 1350 joints & circle clips. Their warranty even covers u joints I believe. Break a u joint, get a complete shaft already assembled. I was sold when it heard that.

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Another vote for carbons, got all 4 for around $1k, fully assembled with full circle clips. Fronts fit through the knuckle without trimming anything and no interference with Prosteers.

Top Bottom