Lets see all pics of a Slanted JK Tire Carrier

BlackHawk08jk

I think about how it's a small bracket that is holding that tire like that. I don't see how it holds all that weight out on the trail.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
All good points :thumb: I've also struggled to get a heavy tire lifted up to mount it. That's why I could see the HD Customs being something that would make it super easy. Check out the regular version in this video. It lowers the tire to the ground with some spindle mechanism. http://youtu.be/xLFrE04S0iA
Fast forward to the lowering part :) And the slanted version appears to do the same.
View attachment 194124
Anyway I might stick with the tried and tested EVO carrier. Just wanted to explore new ideas.

While its an AWESOME idea in concept, execution looks a bit "cumbersome"; it looks to me like you should have front row parking with this bumper, and NOTHING wrong with it, but if you cant pick up a tire; you probably aren't in well enough condition to be out bouncing around in a jeep. Again, unless you have a disability...

I'm not carrying a drill to lower a tire on the trail. Chances are the fucker would be dead when I need it

This is what I mean by "cumbersome"; its like the raise/lower action was an after thought, or a "cheap system execution that we can make lots of money off of"

Though, you could remove/replace the tire as any other tire carrier (I.E. Not lowering the carrier) but then begs to question, Why have it?

Yeah, and it's probably adding another failure point.

I would worry the brake on the spindle or the cable come loose while wheeling and drop the tire... not to mention how much the rear tire shook just from him closing the tail gate... :eek: then he continues to exclaim how solid it is... I had to re-watch it to make sure I wasn't seeing things, nope, sure enough the tire jiggles like a Chubby Cheerleader... "so solid :thumb:" :cheesy:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I thinks that HD Customs tire carrier is a cool concept. I personally wouldn't see it as an issue to wind it up or down. I'd also have to disagree about being out of shape if you can't lift the tire off the carrier. I would consider myself in better 'condition' than most and I don't think I could lift a 40" tire by myself off that thing. It's big and cumbersome. Now put a big tire at an angle and up high like the OP inquired and forget about it.
I would have to agree that tire was shaking around like crazy just closing the tailgate. I would hardly consider something like that 'sturdy' . I could only imagine how that would shake around with some spirited driving or even going slow in the rocks. Sometimes it's better to keep things simple.

Top Bottom