Level Kit Question

Thanks for info.

The duff: yes, it is going solid I´m concerned about. Especially at high speed on the highway.

The problem with rubbing: is that only if the swaybar is disconected? Or can the jeep flex as much with the swaybar connected and still rubb?

Will use stock shocks for now. Only the spacers will be done. Will later buy a more correct lift with all parts but that will have to wait for maybee two years or something like that. Just want the 33" tire to fit for now.

What do you mean with the 3" range on a 2012?

My jeep is a saharah 2012 4 doors with penta engine and automatic.

Dont get this, if I follow with a bumpstop high as the spacer, how can i lose uptravel? the spacer move the coil and axle down from the stock bumpstop so i should gain uptravel with stock bumpstop. With a higher bumpstop similar to the coilspcer, should they not take each other out so to say? sorry for bad technical english.

thanks for you time!

twisted jk: looks good.

since you had longer shocks on the picture and you where all ok I think i should be just fine with stock shocks. but did you gain more uptravel with longer shocks or is it just downtravel you gain?

I do not feel like to cut in my fenders which I happen to like a lot. I now many people cut them but I think they look good in stock shape. Maybee I´m weird? lol

thanks all!

TwistedJK

twisted jk: looks good.

since you had longer shocks on the picture and you where all ok I think i should be just fine with stock shocks. but did you gain more uptravel with longer shocks or is it just downtravel you gain?

I do not feel like to cut in my fenders which I happen to like a lot. I now many people cut them but I think they look good in stock shape. Maybee I´m weird? lol

thanks all!

I am by no means a shock expert but I do believe they gave me more up-travel. Not a lot, but enough. If I'm not correct, someone please help me out of my hole lol. Cutting the fenders isn't that hard, but I stated at mine for a few days before I worked up the courage lol. I figured if I messed them up too bad I could just buy some off craigslist for cheap. My shocks are Bilstein 5100's and if I remember correctly they are for lifts up to 3.5". I'd have to look up my old order get the exact part number to verify. Thanks for the compliment on the jeep too. It worked great for me but I just got tired of rubbing my belly on short hills lol.

TheDuff

Thanks for info.

The duff: yes, it is going solid I´m concerned about. Especially at high speed on the highway.

The problem with rubbing: is that only if the swaybar is disconected? Or can the jeep flex as much with the swaybar connected and still rubb?

Will use stock shocks for now. Only the spacers will be done. Will later buy a more correct lift with all parts but that will have to wait for maybee two years or something like that. Just want the 33" tire to fit for now.

What do you mean with the 3" range on a 2012?

My jeep is a saharah 2012 4 doors with penta engine and automatic.

Dont get this, if I follow with a bumpstop high as the spacer, how can i lose uptravel? the spacer move the coil and axle down from the stock bumpstop so i should gain uptravel with stock bumpstop. With a higher bumpstop similar to the coilspcer, should they not take each other out so to say? sorry for bad technical english.

thanks for you time!

With the wheel spacers I doubt you will get any rubbing while on the highway, just some when disconnected and at full flex.
The reason you will lose travel is: if you extend the bumpstops, you have effectively taken away up travel equal to the size of the bumpstop extension. Now on a normal lift kit, they will increase the shock length to increase the droop to compensate or even add additional droop. Since your using the factory shocks, you end up loosing travel. You could get longer shocks or even shock extenders, just be careful of not going to long to avoid the driveshaft and exhaust clearance issue, or it'll be another can of worms.
Also I was saying on a 2012+, longer front brake lines or drop brackets are not needed on a small lift such as yours, even if you got slightly longer shocks or extenders. Imo if your gonna stay in the 33-35" tire range, what your doing now is the best bang for the buck and will work just fine. At 3"+ of lift, things get complicated and more parts are needed to correct the suspension geometry... worst part is, most kits don't even include all that's needed to correct everything and then you get into needing new front driveshaf, ect. A small lift and 33's is perfectly capable.

Top Bottom