Leveling and disconnects?

MIURA

Sorry to hijack, but I don't wanna start another thread for a simple question, and it relates to this.

If I disconnect with a 2.5" Budget boost, will I need to extend/modify my stock front brake lines?

Don't wanna rip the brake lines since they're kind of important... :idontknow:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Sorry to hijack, but I don't wanna start another thread for a simple question, and it relates to this.

If I disconnect with a 2.5" Budget boost, will I need to extend/modify my stock front brake lines?

Your fronts are long enough on a 15, but you have to remove the metal bracket that's holding them and zip tie them to your shock along with your abs lines

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Yes. You'll need either brake line extensions or new extended brake lines.

MIURA

I have the stock shocks with the "Shock adapters" for the budget boost. I'll remove the metal bracket (I believe its the one with the 13mm nut) and zip tie it :beer:

LasVegasJK

Yes. I would replace brake lines with extended stainless braided brake lines with any lift regardless of shocks or not but it's really not necessary unless you get longer shocks.

I have the stock Rubi shocks.
I'll definitely add that to the list(getting long!) of upgrade items.

LasVegasJK

That looks awesome!!!

Just so you are aware, I did have to get an alignment today for the first time since the level. My toe was off quite a bit causing uneven tire wear.

Got it aligned today, drives AMAZING. I didn't think it could get any better.

Thanks!
And thanks for the heads up on an alignment.

Napalm

Thanks!
And thanks for the heads up on an alignment.

I didn't think I needed one, it felt fine driving to me. When I took it to discount tire yesterday, they informed me my tires had been wearing unevenly. I had a friend check it this morning, and sure enough the toe was off.

But after the alignment, I can tell the difference. Much smoother

Top Bottom