Leveling kit, or 2-2.5 inch lift.

bl17z90

I would avoid rough country if you can. A guy i know got their 3 inch springs and after a few months they began squatting.

The AEV is ehat i have but it seems like it gave me about 3.5 instead of 2.5 so I had to get new track bars to center my axles. The kit came with a new rewr track bar and lift bracket and somehow that bar bent. It was never hit by anything and i have seen a few others bend in the same spot with the same kit :thinking:

I have heard great things about the rock krawler 2.5 kit and it is easily upgradable because it comes with front lower adjustable control arms and adjustable track bars so you could get new springs and shocks to go higher if wanted. Just know when you go above 2.5 you need to address other issues as well.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Looks fantastic. I love those black rock wheels. I have been considering them. How does the jeep run with the 3.73's and 35's? I assume you have a d30 up front. Are you going to beef it up?

i really like the black rocks as well. really cheap and a good looking wheel. yes i have a D30 up front. EVO C Gussets are getting welded on today. as for the 3.73 and 35's its not that bad. will i regear? eventually. its not bad enough to make me want to. when i put a CAI and new exhaust on im sure that will help a little as well. maybe even a tuner outside of my procal

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Just for reference, here's what stock and TF leveling kit look like with 33s.
Stock
IMG_0045.jpg
TF Leveling kit
IMG_0323.jpg
IMG_0324.jpg
Rides like stock, looks good and its cheap. However, if you plan on doing a lot of off roading, definitely go with a suspension lift. I'm looking at a 2.5 and 35s right now.

AlamedaJeep

In5ane1

I am am planning on going 33's. I know I do not need much if any lift with that size tire. I would like to keep fenders stock for now. I do how ever want a little bit of lift. I am looking at teraflex performance leveling kit, tera flex 2.5 coil lift, aev 2.5 lift, the jks jspec 2" series, and a rock krawler. With the lift I plan to do everything to correct geometry, and alignment. A spacer lift, and or leveling kit is not out of the question, and honestly I think that maybe I should go for that till I get a bunch more experience under my belt. Do any of you have suggestions, opinions, pure disgust for a particular brand I listed. Thanks buddies for your time.

Just go with 2.5 kit (springs). I too researched the piss out of this. The rc 2.5 will be perfect for 33s. Ive seen many pictures and actual jeeps who run the same setup. Just do exhaust spacers and you will be fine. Just got same kit from jeephut! $225...

The spring issue isnt current, but old issue thats been resolved. Many people you will find who mention this do not have first hand experience. I know first hand people who run these kits, no issues.

Rough country has lifetime wartanty, great customer service, and open to answer questions at night. Cant beat that!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AlamedaJeep

I am considering waiting till Rock Krawler comes out with their 1.5 kit. Or just going with the their 2.5 my other thought is a teraflex spring leveling kit, and later down the road add shocks, and 1" pucks.

In5ane1

I am considering waiting till Rock Krawler comes out with their 1.5 kit. Or just going with the their 2.5 my other thought is a teraflex spring leveling kit, and later down the road add shocks, and 1" pucks.

Decided against spacers since I plan for after market bumpers.. Also the rc 2.5 coil lift is cheaper than tf performance leveling. I got shock adapters for now, till mine wear out. Then will replace with nice ones!

$400 is expensive for 1.5" springs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I installed TF puck kit. 2" in front and 1" in rear. Also added 18/59 springs and Rubi shocks from 14/55's. Running Rubi take offs with spacers and when worn upgrade to hopefully 35's with trimmed flares. Going to add front bumper and winch. in a week or so.

ForumRunner_20130425_182121.jpg ForumRunner_20130425_182058.png IMG_20130428_094610.jpg IMG_20130424_182443.jpg IMG_20130428_094758.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom