Lift Advice

jkmadness

2.5 is a really good lift height. im running 2.5 in the front and 2 in the rear with 35s and cant be happier. well i could but my wallet would be thinner which makes the wife :tantrum: which makes me :bummed: cause she wont stop :chatterbox:

I kicked myself in the ass for not getting the 35's:mad:

biggy

I think he is talking about the hole left in the body when you relocate your licence plate aka tag. You can get it at the dealer for 15 or 20 bucks.

jksmith93

Tag = license plate?

Try typing "license plate delete" into google. Lots of options. 👍

Sorry, failure to communicate there, I'm from South Ga and we call them tags around here, but either way, what are you guys running? Any suggestions? Is it something that can be made at home, or does it have to be bought? I've only found a few online..

jeepgreenjon

Hey everyone! After doing alot of research I also went with the rough country 2.5" lift/ leveling kit, After reading that some of you have the same lift I thought id ask... after installing the lift did you find a "flightiness" on the highway or a slight shake after hitting bumps? Coincidence im sure but after a month of having the kit in im having to replace my worn out track bar. (even tho I loosened and retightened with the wheels on the ground) My rough country adjustable track bar is in the mail and im playing with the idea of getting adjustable control arms to play with my castor. Did anyone else find they had some issues with this little of lift? Will I be able to get enough castor from adjustable upper arms?

As for the plate delete... Ive seen alot of options on Ebay, not sure if you use ebay or not, I havent had much experience with it.
Thanks everyone! :friends:

In5ane1

Yeah, you can make all that work and get you what you're wanting but, I do hope you know you WILL need to address your front drive shaft being that you have a 2012. Also, the kit you're looking doesn't come with any adjustable front lower control arms. With as much lift as you will have, you will want to address your caster if you hope to maintain a good on pavement highway ride. Also, the shocks that come with the kit are just old school hydro shocks and really, their performance is sub-standard to factory shocks. I might recommend that you upgrade those to a set of basic monotubes like the Rancho 7000 or Bilstein 5100. Of course, you already know to get an adjustable front and rear track bar but, at that height, you should also be looking at longer rear brake lines as well.

Is ALL this necessary?

Im assuming the exhaust spacer will cover the driveshaft. But, would the track bar adapters be sufficient with a lift of this height? Is the offset enough on caster to require lca's? Even some of the other lifts dont come with some of these things.

What would you say bare minimum be?

Top Bottom