Lift build question help

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
so basically they knock off 15% if you put their "flat" fenders, bumpers and other parts and a big ace sticker?

Christarp

Lift is a TeraFlex and the control arms are RK. I'm saving up for Fox RR TF tuned shocks. The guys at Vertical 4 seem to like them and honestly I've wanted RR since I could remember.

Your replies were inside the quote which was kinda weird and I can't quote you exactly on it, but he may be running 37's and whatnot on stock driveshafts, but I have a 2007 (so I don't have to worry about the exhaust crossover), and only a 3.5" lift and 35's, and my driveshaft boot is gone (the middle slip cover) and it's spattering grease out of it (at the cv joint), it's only a matter of time before it bites the dust, again that's with less lift than you're planning on, and no crossover. I get the reasoning of running it until you break it, but keep in mind WHEN you do break it, it will most likely be in a difficult spot, and will require a trail fix to get back to the road, unless you have a replacement on hand, again just something to keep in mind, especially if you don't trailer it.

Last edited:

MICP3309

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399702028.148340.jpg

Yeah here's the fully skinny on the details. You get a discount.... And try out "future" items as they become avail.

StrizzyChris

I have nothing against ACE but that's a shitty "sponsorship". Its a decent deal if you're into all that gear (minus the sticker) to begin with though.

MICP3309

and only a 3.5" lift and 35's, and my driveshaft boot is gone (the middle slip cover) and it's spattering grease out of it (at the cv joint), it's only a matter of time before it bites the dust, again that's with less lift than you're planning on, and no crossover. I get the reasoning of running it until you break it, but keep in mind WHEN you do break it,

Not sure if your talking the front or rear DS? I have a 4.5" and 35s and my front is torn at the boot entering the transfer case.. Rear is perfectly fine, for now, upgrading both soon. (2013 manual JKUR) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399702797.256718.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1399702815.869509.jpg

So to the OP, think about DS(s) sooner than later!

Christarp

Not sure if your talking the front or rear DS? I have a 4.5" and 35s and my front is torn at the boot entering the transfer case.. Rear is perfectly fine, for now, upgrading both soon. (2013 manual JKUR)

So to the OP, think about DS(s) sooner than later!

Was talking about the front, the rear is fine. Looks like yours is about to go too!

JKMigs

Yes and no on the sponsorship. I worked something out with them and will be an ambassador. It's basically getting the name out there.

I don't know if Northridge is running that deal but if they are then I have a friend that's going to want a bumper.

Top Bottom