Lift Help!!

So I looked on North Ridge and the evo enforcer is almost $1300 less than it is on the actual evo website. Is this normal? Or am I missing something?

towerdogg

I'm running 35in pro comp mts on 17in Moto metals and have had good luck so far my JKU came with factory 3in lift already and I haven't hand any flex out problems. I know rough country makes a 3in that's about $500

Spudcannons

The Evo kits are sick! After months of research I finally ordered my EVO long arm the top brands I found were EVO Clayton off road Rebel offroad. I was told by some people that Rubicon express was to be stayed away from. Rancho was cheap ok parts. Metal cloak was good but overpriced. BDS is good quality too. AEV makes good kits for overland use but I do pretty much rock crawling so no go with the clearance. It also really is affected by your budget too.

Probably looking at a different kit.

I figured it out, on the evo website, it comes with the king shocks and the drag link flip kit.. newbie question again.. I know the shocks are just better than stock but not necessary right? and I don't know what the drag link flip kit is for? :doh:

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I figured it out, on the evo website, it comes with the king shocks and the drag link flip kit.. newbie question again.. I know the shocks are just better than stock but not necessary right? and I don't know what the drag link flip kit is for? :doh:

You can run Rancho or bilstein shocks to fit your budget. The drag link flip kit centers your axle, corrects your roll center, corrects steering geometry, and puts your steering stabilizer in a better position. Worth the money imo because you re-use your factory track bar and no need to purchase an adjustable one.

You can run Rancho or bilstein shocks to fit your budget. The drag link flip kit centers your axle, corrects your roll center, corrects steering geometry, and puts your steering stabilizer in a better position. Worth the money imo because you re-use your factory track bar and no need to purchase an adjustable one.

Awesome! This has been a ton of help! Definitely one of the best ideas I've had to get on this forum!

Another quick question.. On the North Ridge website, it shows three different options for shocks, Bilstien 5100, Evo Spec 2.0, and Evo Spec 2.5 w/ res.. Probably a noob question but what are the differences between the shocks? I'm assuming ride quality? :hmm:
Oh and what is the "w/ res"?

olram30

Another quick question.. On the North Ridge website, it shows three different options for shocks, Bilstien 5100, Evo Spec 2.0, and Evo Spec 2.5 w/ res.. Probably a noob question but what are the differences between the shocks? I'm assuming ride quality? :hmm:
Oh and what is the "w/ res"?

good, better, best.
the reservoir helps going on washboard roads. and i think those have an adjuster knob. i'm not sure on that.

jeeeep

Hooked
good, better, best.
the reservoir helps going on washboard roads. and i think those have an adjuster knob. i'm not sure on that.

also $, $$, $$$

bilsteins are a great DD

the 2.5's come with or without the compression adjustment knobs, the res (reservoir) which keeps the oil in them form overheating up too soon when running fast on dirt roads (where they'll be in constant dampening motion). if you go this route be sure to get the compression knobs so you can soften them up for DD.

This should help explain the Kings

http://www.kingshocks.com/products/oem/jeep-oem/

So with the 3" EVO Enforcer, 2.5 w/ res King shocks, and drag link flips, is there anything else I need to get/ change? (drive shaft, etc.)

olram30

So with the 3" EVO Enforcer, 2.5 w/ res King shocks, and drag link flips, is there anything else I need to get/ change? (drive shaft, etc.)

Front ds yes, rear is fine, but move your evap skid. You'll shred up your boot. Check your front shocks at full droop to see how close the body is to the frame. *May need relo brackets. *Might be able to run evo rockstsrs. Other than that, sounds good

Front ds yes, rear is fine, but move your evap skid. You'll shred up your boot. Check your front shocks at full droop to see how close the body is to the frame. *May need relo brackets. *Might be able to run evo rockstsrs. Other than that, sounds good

Newbie question... Could you dumb that down a little, what's a boot? and how do you relocate the brackets? and what do the evo rockstars do?

olram30

Newbie question... Could you dumb that down a little, what's a boot? and how do you relocate the brackets? and what do the evo rockstars do?

Yeah, pictures help me too.
Tore mine up first day. Relocated my skid over a bit.

Attachments

• 1428419311428.jpg
    1428419311428.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 1428419353550.jpg
    1428419353550.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 24

olram30

And the front shocks relocated brackets are cheap and easy to install. Evo started selling them. This just depends on shock length and body size of shock. I don't know how big kings are. But at full droop, it's close to the frame. May or May not be needed. I don't have the evo ones,or king shocks, but here's a picture. Notice the shock by the frame, and this is with brackets that move them out.

Attachments

• 1428420151524.jpg
    1428420151524.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Top Bottom