Lift Kit Advice

jkodak

i have a MetalCloak 3.5 Duo Rate lift kit with 35" tires. I would go with the MC "arb shock" option. It runs $1600. It rides and handles awesome on any terrain i have put it through. I daily drive my jeep and it handles awesome on the highway as well. No complaints. And their customer service is awesome!

uberc4

Stick with 17" wheels because they will have cheaper tires compared to the 18s. If you want to go 3"+ lift I would recommend a DL Flip Kit (EVO or AEV as they use OEM track bar) to correct your steering geometry. I would also recommend Hydro Assist as well as it takes the strain off of your steering components. There are cheaper alternatives for Hydro Assist. You do not need to go out and buy the most expensive kit available...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Stick with 17" wheels because they will have cheaper tires compared to the 18s. If you want to go 3"+ lift I would recommend a DL Flip Kit (EVO or AEV as they use OEM track bar) to correct your steering geometry. I would also recommend Hydro Assist as well as it takes the strain off of your steering components. There are cheaper alternatives for Hydro Assist. You do not need to go out and buy the most expensive kit available...

Lol hydro assist is NOT needed especially with 35" tires. It is nice indeed but only really helpful if you run 37's or larger.

Smoot_JK

For a DD with occasional wheeling, what shock would be best suited for me? I like the Kings, but they may be a bit overkill.

NV375

For a DD with occasional wheeling, what shock would be best suited for me? I like the Kings, but they may be a bit overkill.

I like the Rancho 9000 shocks.

Others have said good things about the Rancho 7000s. I have not tried them myself so I can't give an opinion on them.

swampdog

Super happy with my Rancho 9000's. Adjustable so you set the ride stiffness you prefer. I added 3 coats of clear over the metallic finish as that is the only criticized aspect of the 9000 that I have read.

Smoot_JK

I like the Rancho 9000 shocks.

Others have said good things about the Rancho 7000s. I have not tried them myself so I can't give an opinion on them.

Do you have the 9000s meant for 4" of lift or is it adjustable to any size lift? That's the only one i can seem to find on NR4x4's website.

Last edited:
Top Bottom