Lifted shocks or relocation brackets?

Ben Reddekopp

I realized I needed lifted shocks after installing a leveling kit. I noticed that the shocks were fully extended. So I decided to make my own brackets to lower the shocks, I know you can buy them but not for my generation of Jeep

Attachments

• 87ed0cdc-56a5-4238-97a5-62b16b431d3c.jpg
    87ed0cdc-56a5-4238-97a5-62b16b431d3c.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 7e92f1a0-28f3-4c2a-a2cb-7f018721bcf5.jpg
    7e92f1a0-28f3-4c2a-a2cb-7f018721bcf5.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 36

Ben Reddekopp

After noticing your profile banner includes a Liberty, I'd say you could DEFINITELY find a set of longer shocks bruh...
Oh I definitely could but the selection is few and I don't do heavy off roading to need those over expensive shocks now I can put any stock shocks I want on there

Oh I definitely could but the selection is few and I don't do heavy off roading to need those over expensive shocks now I can put any stock shocks I want on there
I wouldn't say it's about "heavy off roading," it's more about overall vehicle performance on and off-road. Stock shocks are just as if not more costly than many aftermarket options... Nothing like increasing your clearance for bigger tires to only limit your up-travel for said bigger tires with some janky shock mounts...

Ben Reddekopp

I wouldn't say it's about "heavy off roading," it's more about overall vehicle performance on and off-road. Stock shocks are just as if not more costly than many aftermarket options... Nothing like increasing your clearance for bigger tires to only limit your up-travel for said bigger tires with some janky shock mounts...
Your completely right. Times are tough, I just wanted the more levelled look with a bit more clearance. And the stock tires are a bit dinky. So I opted for a bit bigger tires but not too big. and stock shocks and struts are the more economical route right now, I researched and alot of companies that supply lift kits but do not ship outside the us.
Would you know of any companies that I could use?

jeeeep

Hooked
Your completely right. Times are tough, I just wanted the more levelled look with a bit more clearance. And the stock tires are a bit dinky. So I opted for a bit bigger tires but not too big. and stock shocks and struts are the more economical route right now, I researched and alot of companies that supply lift kits but do not ship outside the us.
Would you know of any companies that I could use?
shipping outside the US can be an issue with a lot of the vendors, they don't want to deal with customs, the forms and the cost.

Yea, @Ben Reddekopp, there are more solid ways to go about this, as others have said.

But if I was handed this and told to do the absolute bare minimum so that I can drive on the street, and occasional fire roads, I would at least add two square 1/4” plates and weld the piss out of em.

See two red lines for where I would add the plates. To be clear, the plates would span the gap between the shock mounts.

Be careful not to got too high and box your shock in so you can’t pull it out.
IMG_2782.jpeg

Ben Reddekopp

Yea, @Ben Reddekopp, there are more solid ways to go about this, as others have said.

But if I was handed this and told to do the absolute bare minimum so that I can drive on the street, and occasional fire roads, I would at least add two square 1/4” plates and weld the piss out of em.

See two red lines for where I would add the plates. To be clear, the plates would span the gap between the shock mounts.

Be careful not to got too high and box your shock in so you can’t pull it out.
View attachment 405592
T

Top Bottom