Local Nevada Shop Custom Rock Rails

Jtvegas

:naw::naw:

So wait, you paid a local shop to copy someone else's sliders, and it cost you about the same amount as buying the originals? Eat a dick! You are not supporting a local business; IMHO you are supporting thievery. :doh: Not sure if that local shop you run with creates anything unique, but how would you feel if the tables were turned and someone else out there just copied their design? Every shop is a local business to someone but that certainly doesn't make it ok for them to copy the designs of other shops. If you want to support something, support ingenuity and entrepreneurialism, not copy machines.

IMG_3995.JPG

Original?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
As they may appear similar in images you can see all the differences in person. Built for a specific need. My ace low angle would always get hung up on rocks due to rocks being uneven. They were built at a 45 degree angle to gain more clearance and allow just enough to get foot on. Complete different measurements and sizing with different bolt on system . I thought they look more like my ace.

They still look like EVO to me. Only difference I see is the Scorpion cutout and that the center tubes have 2 cross supports instead of 3. Regardless of how they mount to the vehicle, the design looks identical, IMO.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Fugly. But you are clearly missing the point. If that shop had the ability to design and build sliders, why didn't you have them come up with something new? Quit acting like they aren't EVO copies because they clearly are. I don't give two shits if you decided to bolt them to the body mounts instead of weld them to the frame.

Draconianwinter

Oh idk why everyone wants to copy what is basically the same design over and over again. Sorry but this design is only original in how it is mounted on any of them. Same goes for most everything in jeep mods. Hell the Sema pictures of the evo jeep with the steel flares looks the same as the PSC crusher flares even down to the led light mounting hole. I will agree that companies need to start making things different not just in quality, but in appearance. Sadly there are so many companies that isn't likely to happen. One of these days I will have to buy a welder and get some plate and tube. Maybe I can change stuff enough so I have very much original design on the sliders

sent from your basement

jesse3638

Hooked
Yes. Run some trails with these guys and just supporting a local business. They also have a great reputation for quality work in the off-road community. Yes could have done lod or evo but also wanted a higher angle than my ace

You missed the point. Copying someone else isn't cool at all. Sharkey as well as everyone else explained that too. Ethical practices take precedence over cost and support of a company any day.

Sent from my 831C using WAYALIFE mobile app

Modit

While the sliders the op had made do look similar to the Evo Mfg sliders they are quite different when it comes to fabrication. The Evo sliders appear to use something like a saddle gusset formed from a piece of sheet metal. The gusset on the op sliders have a flat gusset welded to a tube that goes between the two long sections. I doubt either one would claim credit for the invention of the gusset used in tube structures.
When I build mine they are going to look similar to both of them because I don't own a tube bender and the gusset is the strongest way I know to tie the shorter upper tube to the longer lower tube.
That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the op went to the shop and said "I want some sliders kind of like this but a different angle and bolted on" and the shop gave him what he asked for.
Is that wrong? If they flat out copied the Evo sliders I'd say absolutely! But it doesn't sound like Evo sells what the op wanted and the shop used a totally different fabrication technique even though the look is similar.

Top Bottom