Locker Options

jorgelrod

Hooked
As I am also considering what to do on the front with my D30, I was curious. I have 3.21's and I don't do a lot of offroad, just trying to look for the most cost effective way to improve traction and possibly re-gear.

PErhaps a Truetrac in the front is a good fit for you...

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Leave the front open. Rear locker gets you three wheel drive and MUCH less chance of breaking the d30. Save the money on the front.

Gerthree

Thanks for the input as I was considering a lsd for the front of my d30. Didn't wanna spend the extra cash, but figured since I'm rehearing might as well do it at the same time. Was thinking of running an e locker in the rear since I can't seem to find a reason not to. Especially since the e locker will save me some cash up front.

swampdog

Leave the front open. Rear locker gets you three wheel drive and MUCH less chance of breaking the d30. Save the money on the front.

OP, listen to this. Or do what you have wanted us all to tell you to do and lock your D30, and open up a massive can of worms.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Thanks for the input as I was considering a lsd for the front of my d30. Didn't wanna spend the extra cash, but figured since I'm rehearing might as well do it at the same time. Was thinking of running an e locker in the rear since I can't seem to find a reason not to. Especially since the e locker will save me some cash up front.

E lockers suck that's a reason not to.

chipper

E lockers suck that's a reason not to.

I have a question about this as well. If an ARB locker with compressor is out of the budget. And E lockers suck. What else would be a good choice to lock up the rear when regearing? I'll be doing this soon as well. Hopefully I'll have the funds for the arb. But wanted to see other options.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a question about this as well. If an ARB locker with compressor is out of the budget. And E lockers suck. What else would be a good choice to lock up the rear when regearing? I'll be doing this soon as well. Hopefully I'll have the funds for the arb. But wanted to see other options.

Their are other air lockers on the market. Eaton has an air locker and so does Yukon. If you did those options I would go with the eaton as it is essentially the gen 1 arb

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

I would keep saving for an ARB.

DGP

I had the same dilemma with a Sahara and decided to put a ARB in the rear and left the front open. I gained a ton of traction having just the rear locker and had piece of mind knowing I wasn't pushing my Dana 30 too far. The traction control in a JK basically gives you limited slip in the front so there is no reason to change the carrier, unless your going to go with a locker.
"Buy once, cry once"
Go ARB and get the compressor later on when you can afford it.

robx251

Caught the Bug
Regearing My girlfriends 2011 JKU Sahara in the next couple months. At the same time I plan to put in lockers.

I am thinking of going with the eaton E-lockers and am looking for any input as to there overall quality..

Thanks...

I too have a d30 and I am running an Auburn ected I like that it is a selectable locker. But that being said I am very aware that the d30 is an extremely weak axle for my 4.88 gears and 35" Duratracs. I do use it sparingly and it complements my aussie that I have in the rear very well.

mackey

Ok great thanks. I'll look into those.

My first JK was a 2007 X. I added Eaton's electric locker. It was slow to activate and often stuck. Sometimes I had to drive a couple hundred yards to get it to disengage. I was disappointed with it. I'd save up for an ARB.

xflstl

I ended up getting a used D44 front housing, and going Arb 35 spline lockers front and rear.

Thanks for all the input...

Top Bottom