LOD rear bumper !!

gsmoak

It can/will damage the tailgate latch? Does it allow rotopax at all in the door linked version?

LoD says you can run rotopax only on the passenger (hinge) side of the door linked units. I am not sure if you can attach the rotopax carrier arm to the driver's side in the door linked units. You might be able to, but it would definitely increase the stress on the latch which is the weak link. With the free swinging unit the bumper/frame bears all the weight.

gsmoak

gsmoak - Can you get your back window to open with the Hi-Lift jack installed in the position that you have it mounted? I had to flip the Hi-Lift jack around so the base of the jack was next to the tailgate handle. Maybe I messed something up when I had the jack installed like you have it (the window would just hit the jack base).

Good question . . . I am pretty sure I had the window up and down when I checked out the jack mount. I will throw it on there tomorrow and make sure.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
It can/will damage the tailgate latch? Does it allow rotopax at all in the door linked version?

I have the linked version and have the rotopax mounts. It's suggested to only mount on the passenger side, but you are able to mount on the drivers side. LōD sent me two mounts as well :thinking:

gsmoak

I have the linked version and have the rotopax mounts. It's suggested to only mount on the passenger side, but you are able to mount on the drivers side. LōD sent me two mounts as well :thinking:

Well, who knows. It could be just fine. Would be interested to hear if you spot any issues down the road.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Well, who knows. It could be just fine. Would be interested to hear if you spot any issues down the road.

Here's the thing. I don't plan on running RotoPax or even the mounts year round only for trips. So maybe I will test them with my mall crawling trips :cheesy:

gsmoak

Here's the thing. I don't plan on running RotoPax or even the mounts year round only for trips. So maybe I will test them with my mall crawling trips :cheesy:

I hear you. Unless I need it, all the rotopax stuff and the trail jack live in the garage.

mrmike

The jiggle I saw was due to the backspacing of the ATX Slab not allowing the tire to snug up to the carrier. That problem is fixed now. Nothing a sawzall, grinder and some touch up paint couldn't fix. :thumb: Here's the link to my post: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=245936#post245936

I had spoke to LOD about this too. If your are running slabs and going to order a bumper call them and ask for the TJ bracket. The TJs tend to run backspacing in the 3's. But as per your fix, you just need cut the thing shorter so that the tire butts up.

However, right now I'm running my 35's on method wheels. They butt up nice and tight. Still have the jiggle though.

As for the jack and glass hitting, I took my base off just in case. It's a real close fit on mine.

Top Bottom