LOD Rear Tire Carrier Shorty vs Full Length

drtnwtr

Gen3 Shorty Linked...Also running an RK 2.5 max travel

Install was actually straight forward. Instructions from LOD were a little incomplete, but I found some clues from a Gen2 install (from here) and the actual instructions. The extra third brake light extension was different than in the instructions to facilitate the Linked setup.

The brackets that slide over the frame are tight. I somehow managed to wrangle it on to measure, mark and drill additional holes and off again by myself. Find another set of hands if able.

It is heavy. I bet 90lbs or more installed not including the tire or accessories.

No rattles, except when I have my hi-lift on and what does is specifically from the hi-lift.

Overall very happy with the choice.

IMG_0473.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

Cheesy goofing off when I should of been driving back to work picture

IMG_0580_001.jpg

Thinking about getting this same bumper.
How do you like the "linked" operation with the tailgate?
We're in and out of the tailgate many times a day and was wondering how well it works.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I like mine a lot. With a 37 on the back it has no rattles at all. I see no big deal getting in and out of. The only thing to watch is the pin that stops it from opening to far does not fall down in real easy. But other than that I think it's a nice setup.

Autorotate

I'm in and out of the back of the Jeep several times a day also. No issues. Linked system works great and adjustment was pretty simple and straight forward.
I don't have any locking pin on this bumper, but this Jeep also has the door strut factory unlike previous years.

Thinking about getting this same bumper.
How do you like the "linked" operation with the tailgate?
We're in and out of the tailgate many times a day and was wondering how well it works.

Top Bottom