LoD Rock sliders?

WJCO

Meme King
I know there's another thread with more pictures but I can't find it. Here's the wife's with Lod sliders.

IMG_20170106_160045_944.jpg

IMG_20170106_160108_872.jpg

IMG_20170106_160130_530.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks. Are the foot steps actually useable or more for looks?

Very useable. My Jeep has tubular sliders as well, but the tube doesn't extend back as far. Both my wife and I agree the lod on her Jeep is way more useful than mine on my WJ. I've thought about modifying mine to be similar to the lod model.

bapicella

Very useable. My Jeep has tubular sliders as well, but the tube doesn't extend back as far. Both my wife and I agree the lod on her Jeep is way more useful than mine on my WJ. I've thought about modifying mine to be similar to the lod model.

I really like the look of the psc sliders but I think I would run into the issue of them being unusable to get in the jeep with. I think LoD is the way I will go. I like the idea of welding them on.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JCMULEY

Pros- Work extremely well and are very effective for the designed use
Aesthetically pleasing
Install is so easy a monkey could do it
Cons- Collect mud and small rocks on the interior, once mud is hardened very time consuming to clean out.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sullivan

^^^I agree with the collecting rocks part. They do hold a lot and are annoying to get out if you are picky. I really just spray mine and leave them. They will just get rocks back in them anyways

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Well, my bottom plates are in for good. I smashed the crap out of the Allen bolts and they aren't coming off

I didn't even install mine, and don't plan to.

Anyone know if these sliders are compatible with EVO long arms?

Check with highoctane, but I think he runs the Evo long arm. Post 283 : http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...5-Rubicon-Unlimited-build&p=817768#post817768

I have the Evo Mfg high clearance long arm kit and it fits just fine, with about a half inch of room to spare.

Attachments

• Image1482787877.410174.jpg
    Image1482787877.410174.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

12-mile

Thanks, they look really good. How have you liked them so far?

They've been good, like others have mentioned, they tend to collect debris, but i found that they were pretty easy to install by myself.
I dont own a welder so i just used a floor jack and a couple boards to line them up.
A little drilling and tapping and then they bolted right up.

Top Bottom