LoD Rocksliders arrived

kRay.JK

I haven't yet, but only have a couple dings in mine as there aren't many rocks in Illinois. I will be doing some crawling tomorrow and can better report back after that. But what's the worst that can happen? You tear the head off the bolt and then just drill it out and replace...

Yeah, pretty much.
I would think, for $600, they could come up with something a little better then that though. :thinking:

Prime8

Yeah, pretty much.
I would think, for $600, they could come up with something a little better then that though. :thinking:

Put a rosette weld in the non-skid holes then. Then you will just have the one factory bolt hanging down in the middle. You aren't going to get rid of that bolt unless you get rid of your skids... Not a fault in the sliders, a fault in the original design from the factory. Even the EVO Protek Skids use this bolt...

I had the LOD slides on my 08 JKUR. Now I'm putting the same sliders on my 2012 JKUR. I'm doing things a little different this time because the 2 to 3 threads started to strip on me. So this time I'm welding on this weld nut and then bolting the sliders on.

View attachment 25389

View attachment 25390

If I use then a welder is in the mix. Since one is currently not in my garage I guess we will be purchasing one.:rock: Of course this is all contingent on SWMBO who must first authorize the purchase:bowdown:. Then again SWMBO has been saying we should get one. Win Win maybe.

JK1

Put a rosette weld in the non-skid holes then. Then you will just have the one factory bolt hanging down in the middle. You aren't going to get rid of that bolt unless you get rid of your skids... Not a fault in the sliders, a fault in the original design from the factory. Even the EVO Protek Skids use this bolt...

:thinking: thats a good idea i should have done this instead of the bolts on the back bracket... then again if i get hung up on the bolt head once a year i can live with that too...:beer: there is alot more things on the bottom of my jeep i will address for hang up reasons then the 2 bolts on each slider:twocents:

kRay.JK

Solid advice! Thank you. I feel a little more comfortable about it now.

Toxic

Thinking about grabbing these myself as well. How long from when you made the purchase before you got them? I've heard from a few it seemed like they took forever.

JK1

Thinking about grabbing these myself as well. How long from when you made the purchase before you got them? I've heard from a few it seemed like they took forever.

it took me 2 months ish but i ordered them straight from LoD if you order thru northridge they may have some in stock :idontknow:

StrizzyChris

it took me 2 months ish but i ordered them straight from LoD if you order thru northridge they may have some in stock :idontknow:

Unfortunately even they have to wait in line. That's where I bought mine and it was 2 months as well. If you're in no rush I highly recommend them! Well worth the wait!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Bessie

When I ordered by rear bumper and tire carrier, it took about three weeks to ship. Probably could have been a day or two sooner but I asked them to cut the bumper to fit a trailer plug harness. Really clean install with the wiring plug.

Bessie

well the LoD Rocksliders arrived today. I sort of feel bad for the FedEx guy. It must have taken four guys to drop them off. Rocksliders for a 4 dr JKU are not light. The project this weekend will be to install them of course after all my homework is done.:doh: Wish me luck and words of wisdom appreciated. Pictures to follow.

Will

This is my next project. I wasn't home with the UPS/Fed Ex guy arrived with my rear bumper and tire carrier. My wife was able to get him to put the packages in the garage. Amazed with the quality of the packaging.

I talked to Chris at LoD and he states there is a minimum of 3 weeks lead time. I am still waiting on the bumpers to arrive. hopefully the FedEx guy brings help because with a 200 ft driveway he has quite a hump.

R/
Will

Toxic

Thanks for the info on the time frame and all. Think I might have to take a trip across the sound and see what Northridge has in stock.

StrizzyChris

This is my next project. I wasn't home with the UPS/Fed Ex guy arrived with my rear bumper and tire carrier. My wife was able to get him to put the packages in the garage. Amazed with the quality of the packaging.

no doubt! I have never seen an item so well packaged and protected. The hardware they used to mount them to the skid was heavy duty. I wanted to call them and say "you know I plan on beating the hell out of these right?!" But I do appreaciate the time and effort these guys put into it.

no doubt! I have never seen an item so well packaged and protected. The hardware they used to mount them to the skid was heavy duty. I wanted to call them and say "you know I plan on beating the hell out of these right?!" But I do appreaciate the time and effort these guys put into it.

They ysed 3 inch deck scews to hold the 1/2 in OSB on the ends of 2x3. though about using the left over material for shelving. decided only one project added at a time. :brows: deployment is coming faster than I want it too.:grayno:

Bessie

I talked to Chris at LoD and he states there is a minimum of 3 weeks lead time. I am still waiting on the bumpers to arrive. hopefully the FedEx guy brings help because with a 200 ft driveway he has quite a hump.

R/
Will

My delivery came over two days (which appears to be the norm). The bumper and tire carrier arrived one day and the hardware the next day.

Update, the midwidth front bumper arrived today. It has been almost a month since I ordered them. Now I just need to find time to put on the rock sliders and front bumper. With a 4yo and working on my Masters time is tight.

jpone

Installed the sliders.

Attached each side at the two existing skidplate holes per the instructions, but had the rest of the brackets welded rather than tapping holes and bolting up. Worked out well. Make sure the skidplates attach last with the sliders tab against the frame so the factory skidplates are still detachable after the welding.

These fit great and are super stout. Definitely recommend.

WJCO

Meme King
Installed the sliders.

Attached each side at the two existing skidplate holes per the instructions, but had the rest of the brackets welded rather than tapping holes and bolting up. Worked out well. Make sure the skidplates attach last with the sliders tab against the frame so the factory skidplates are still detachable after the welding.

These fit great and are super stout. Definitely recommend.

We did the exact same thing on ours. Plenty stout enough and saved a ton of time.

Top Bottom