Lookin for Illinois Jeepers

JP Girl

I'm over the border in Kenosha... From IL though! Not sure if you've ever been to the Badlands (prefer it over Cliffs) but at the end of the month is the UMC... Awesome event to go to! We will most likely be camping there with friends for the event depending on the weather.

jeffro

I'm over the border in Kenosha... From IL though! Not sure if you've ever been to the Badlands (prefer it over Cliffs) but at the end of the month is the UMC... Awesome event to go to! We will most likely be camping there with friends for the event depending on the weather.

Morning JP Girl, Thank you for responding. 2nd time I have heard that about the Badlands. I need to check it out. Can I do it in my stock Jeep ?

The end of the month is already spoken for, I think were going to the North rim of the Grand Canyon and then possibly into Colorado, but not in the Jeep, just yet. I do want to meet up with whoever I can, sometime, its time to crawl out of my cave.

JLSilerJK

Morning JP Girl, Thank you for responding. 2nd time I have heard that about the Badlands. I need to check it out. Can I do it in my stock Jeep ?

The end of the month is already spoken for, I think were going to the North rim of the Grand Canyon and then possibly into Colorado, but not in the Jeep, just yet. I do want to meet up with whoever I can, sometime, its time to crawl out of my cave.

Ive heard the badlands is a fun place for a stock jeep. I really want to go but would be solo and kinda scared.

Wayalife "midwest" badlands weekend this summer?

Blue box- when you doin Colorado? My plan is august if I can stop spending money on the jeep!

jeffro

Ive heard the badlands is a fun place for a stock jeep. I really want to go but would be solo and kinda scared.

Blue box- when you doin Colorado? My plan is august if I can stop spending money on the jeep!

I hear ya, I'm completely stock here, it came with Mud Terrains and that's about it, and thanks for chiming in. We can shoot for it this summer sometime maybe. My WAYALIFE decals should be here by then. I should have a long weekend or two left this summer. I went and burned all my vacation days for the trip with the wife out westerly. Some park she wants to see in colorado

I have stopped buying anything for my other hobby, I won't quit, but slowing down majorly. Quick story. I'm on my 3rd marriage and the 2nd one will be paid off in 6 months or a little more, so some funds will free up, and that will help greatly.

JP Girl

You can totally do a lot of the trails at Badlands with a stock Jeep. In fact, they have a Jeep Jamboree there every year and there's a ton of stock Jeeps.

I think a Midwest Badlands trip this summer would be awesome!!

BlueBox

I'll definitely join in on a Badlands trip in the summer if I'm available.

As for CO, plan right now is Holy Cross, Chinaman's Gulch, Iron Chest and Mount Alerno. Will definitely be the first big test for me and my rig.

jeffro

thank you jeffro! today its how I dreamed it would look - took 10 months after i got it. Now for playtime!

You're welcome, I understand that smile in your picture. :)

Oak park il. I'm heading to the badlands this Sunday if everything works out if anyone wants to go

Hi Oak Park, I wish I could, but the grandsons will be here, doing some little rock crawling.

10256134303_f1cc004524_c.jpg

You can totally do a lot of the trails at Badlands with a stock Jeep. In fact, they have a Jeep Jamboree there every year and there's a ton of stock Jeeps.

I think a Midwest Badlands trip this summer would be awesome!!

Thank you, That's great to know, about stock jeeps and the jamboree. And a trip sounds great. Now that we have a thread, we can kinda stay connected.

I'll definitely join in on a Badlands trip in the summer if I'm available.

As for CO, plan right now is Holy Cross, Chinaman's Gulch, Iron Chest and Mount Alerno. Will definitely be the first big test for me and my rig.

Great BlueBox ! Sounds like a good test to me, I watched the Holy Cross vid, enjoy your journey :) Make sure you post pics someday.

klemb

Hello ALL from Justice, IL, SW suburb of Chicago.

This is a picture with 33's, now i've upgraded to 37's and 1.25 body lift!!!
20150201_151839.jpg

jeffro

Nice looking Jeep klemb, need to see the new tires and lift one of these days.

I missed the other 2.. Howdy stickfish and doub. Any pictures of your Jeeps ?

Three more from the north part of the state, I'm beginning to think I live amongst the silly jeepers down further from you guys. Most won't even wave around here.

jeffro

Beautiful Jeep, and I'm kinda partial also, for another reason. :)

Jeep 1.jpg

Kincaid, now you're scaring me. :D I lived in Nokomis for 10 years, my daughter still lives there with my 2 grandsons. The other daughter is in Irving. I was just through there bout a month ago, Bullpit too.... :)

Thank you for the wave, and maybe, who knows :)

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
Beautiful Jeep, and I'm kinda partial also, for another reason. :)

View attachment 149174

Kincaid, now you're scaring me. :D I lived in Nokomis for 10 years, my daughter still lives there with my 2 grandsons. The other daughter is in Irving. I was just through there bout a month ago, Bullpit too.... :)

Thank you for the wave, and maybe, who knows :)

We need to set up a fall run to Attica, IN

jeffro

We need to set up a fall run to Attica, IN

That's something I need and want to do. I've never been there, always heard about it. I don't think I will be able to afford any upgrades by then and supposedly I can run it stock.

How about a meet and greet sometime before that, and just so you know, I'm leaving for vac. soon.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
That's something I need and want to do. I've never been there, always heard about it. I don't think I will be able to afford any upgrades by then and supposedly I can run it stock.

How about a meet and greet sometime before that, and just so you know, I'm leaving for vac. soon.

That sounds good but we are busy till end of July with my daughters traveling softball team. After that would be great!

Top Bottom