Looking at trading for a TJ. Advice.

FallonJeeper

Yeah, I'd pass on the TJ.
The 4.0 is a much better engine in my opinion.

Also when considering a YJ, leaf springs vs. coil springs. YJ is leaf springs and the TJ is coil. Not that you can't fix that, but why go through all that?

Don't get me wrong. I own 3 Jeeps. 2 have coil springs and 1 does not.
I wouldn't trade the one with leaf springs for anything. I just understand, it has limitations. Although I've seriously considered taking it to Mel... ;o)

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Lone Star

I'm ok for starting out with the leaf springs with a YJ. They are kind of fun in their own way and as a starter jeep, I don't mind one to get my feet wet with. Kind of fits my current and ongoing budget for the current foreseeable future, but That kind of excites me. I know I will have newer jeeps down the road with the coil springs and other goodies.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

PT1400

Just curious any significant difference between the 93/94 YJ and the others?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
93 & 94 YJs are just about bullet proof in stock to mildly modified.

All TJs are great from stock to wild. However the 97 is the first year of OBD2 and the engine/ECM combination are not supported by the aftermarket.

Get on JP Magazines website and do a search for "Buying Guide". There's more to it than what I've listed or experienced.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
It's funny cause I have one. It'll have a 98-99 ecm and harness in it within the year. No support for upgrades from the aftermarket unless you have the $$ for a standalone fuel injection system.
That's exactly why I'm doing a 5.3 swap. Way more drive train aftermarket support and all other aftermarket is abundant for every other part of it.

Top Bottom