Looking for Pics and advice

dsughrue

I am new to the group. I am hoping someone has photos of their front quarter panels removed from their JLU, newer the better as mine is a 2022. I have RSE side steps and I’m wondering if I have to remove them and the fenders to remove the quarter panel. Worried about this job being more than I can put back together. I’m trying to find a stronger way to mount some tubing to the area around the a-pillar. I tried modifying the DV-8 light bar mounts. They work but for my intended use, I need or prefer something stronger.

CalSgt

Hooked
What exactly are you trying to do? The area under the cowl covers is pretty stout and can be accessed easily.

Also, your terminology is confusing, quarter panels are typically the rear panels and fenders the front panels.

ETA: Just noticed this is your first post, why don’t you head over to the give us a wave section and introduce yourself

dsughrue

Sorry for the quarter panel confusion. Sine jeeps have front fenders and the panel, I didn’t want to get lost in front fender debate. I agree that the two bolts on the side of the cowl near the a-pillar are strong points, but the two on top are shoulder bolts that basically go into sheet metal and aren’t capable of carrying a load.

I am looking to attach a tube to the body structure underneath the front fender/quarter panel and have it come out through the plastic cowl so that another tube can slide over it (male-female) type of connection. The connection to the body structure underneath would be welded or rivnut depending on what’s underneath. I don’t want to tear my daily driver up if it wasn’t going to do me any good. That’s why pictures are requested.

CalSgt

Hooked
Picture I stole from the interwebs, looks like plenty of room to build what you are describing without removing the whole fender panels.

IMG_0153.jpeg

dsughrue

Thank you for the pics. My jeep is a 392 so I think the cowl is different. I had the cowl off before and didn't notice those. I will take a second look this evening. Thanks for finding those. I looked and looked (poorly, I now know).

Top Bottom