Looking for secure iPad holder...

PokerStogey

However I did order a Vektor bar and will be using the 67 mounts probably. I like the fact that it goes across the dash and you can mount all kinds of shit to it. Plus they are held on to bar with circle clamps. We are driving from Pa to Utah this spring and I don't want to be bothered with limited holders for stuff.

This is a great set-up!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
I said I would post about the Akron...well, if you don't go off road it is great! Other than that iPad wouldn't stay on long. I ended up removing from windshield when I stopped to air down.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I said I would post about the Akron...well, if you don't go off road it is great! Other than that iPad wouldn't stay on long. I ended up removing from windshield when I stopped to air down.

I’ve had an iPad on a ram mount for probably five years. It doesn’t move at all. I went from the big iPad to the mini and it’s even more secure now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Mikey917

67 Designs

I recently installed the JL Rail system by 67 Designs with one of their dam adapters to interface with the Ram mount for a Samsung 8 inch tablet. I didn't own any tablet and the Samsung is much cheaper. I also purchased the Dual GPS receiver and installed GAIA GPS on the tablet. I was concerned about keeping my mounts towards the center of the dash to stay out of the airbag zone. The rail system is a strong mount and nothing moves.

Attachments

• P1320690sm.jpg
    P1320690sm.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 38
  • P1320669sm.jpg
    P1320669sm.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 38
  • P1320653sm.jpg
    P1320653sm.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 39
  • P1320658sm.jpg
    P1320658sm.jpg