Looking to purchase a roof top cargo system/rack.

jpone

Here is what I did. It's the Thule gutter mounts on the hard top. All I throw into the cargo carrier is very light bulky stuff, like sleeping bags, clothes, and maybe some camp chairs.

This works out perfect as the rest of the Jeep is free for the heavier stuff.

I've done about 2,000 miles with this setup so far, and I've hit 85MPH. So far, it's been pretty sturdy.

Also, since it's a gutter mount, it's easy to remove and store.

Similar here, but your setup looks way tougher! That roof is a weak link. Would not trust drilling into it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180529-190206.jpg
    Screenshot_20180529-190206.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 84

rubiDave

I have the Rhino Rack back bone with a pioneer platform attached.

http://www.rhinorack.com/rhino-rack-backbone.

It works well for me. I use it around town for my surfboard, lumber, oversize shopping purchases. I put firewood, fishing poles and other stuff I dont want inside when I go camping. I also use it as a lifting point when hoisting the hardtop off. It is very low profile, so I can get in the garage with it - even after I install a lift. I don't notice excessive wind noise or rattles from it. It was easy to install. Can easily remove freedom panels with it on.

Downsides: Have to drill holes in hardtop. Load capacity is only 260lbs. The hardtop has to be on to use it.

DirtysJK

I have the the first gen frontrunner and had to drill holes on my top but the newer you can use with or without the hardtop still have to drill holes though and it attached to your roll at when hardtop is off and they have a full or half rack. I’m not sponsored by them

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dytrdr5

I second the rhino rack backbone, easy install and the rack comes off with the roof. No bulky exterior exocages to get hung up or damaged on the trails and it’s also very slim
IMG_5334.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom