Loose drag link afte flip kit

ziggy

Hey guys after I had my drag link flip put in, I noticed really sloppy steering, took it back over to the shop and found my conical sleeve was blown... Shattered into two parts...they put I back in and said I could drive on it but it would probably loosen back up... I called EVO and Andrew got me replacement sleeves sent out that day. However now the whole boot has been torn off and I can't seem to get the nut off, I'm using an M7 Allen and a 13/16 wrench for the nut... It feels like the Allen hole might be stripped.. I have to get the old broken sleeve out so I can put the new one in... Any ideas what might cause it to break like that in the first place? @mel, @eddie... @anyone :)

-Jason

Poly sells two different inserts for this...one is for a 7/8" hole and the other is for the 13/16" hole. If your knuckle was drilled using a 7/8" drill bit and then the 13/16" insert was used you will know it because it will slide right in and not be tight. You will actually be able to take the sleeve out with your fingers. If the right sleeve was used you will have to use a punch to take it out. Just FYI...

jesse3638

Hooked
Poly sells two different inserts for this...one is for a 7/8" hole and the other is for the 13/16" hole. If your knuckle was drilled using a 7/8" drill bit and then the 13/16" insert was used you will know it because it will slide right in and not be tight. You will actually be able to take the sleeve out with your fingers. If the right sleeve was used you will have to use a punch to take it out. Just FYI...

As I recall the ORE flip kit I ordered called for a 7/8" hole and had to order the drill bit. The insert was snug and torqued to 63 lbs haven't had any issues. Has has the kit since changed to a 13/16" hole?

StrizzyChris

As I recall the ORE flip kit I ordered called for a 7/8" hole and had to order the drill bit. The insert was snug and torqued to 63 lbs haven't had any issues. Has has the kit since changed to a 13/16" hole?

The initial insert was too small for the recommended 7/8" hole. Those people with an issue could get a replacement sleeve and the instructions have since changed to 13/16"
Go check and make sure yours is still looking ok

BBrown626

I think you will find the sleeve requires a 7/8" hole. Poly has you drill it with a 13/16 bit and then sneak up on the 7/8". The reason cited is wobbling of the bit when drilling with a portable drill. I did read where they make an oversize sleeve though in case you make a mistake or don't drill cleanly with the 7/8" bit. Just got my kit today!

jmeredith

Had new knuckle sent out to machine shop to have it precision bored and press fit the sleeve in... Nice and tight now!

-Jason

Top Bottom