Losing a pet really sucks.

dillard09

I'm so sorry for your loss. I know that so hard to do. I did it over a 2 years ago to my best friend and still think about him almost everyday. Not the typical cause he was a cat. He would meet me at the door everyday I came home and never left my side if I was home. Broke my heart! He was 17 years old.
Now our dog is 17. The 2 grew up together. (Dog and cat) and our dog grieved just as much as we did. You could start seeing her age more after our cat passed. They kept each other young. We know the day is coming soon with our dog too. Even when you know it's coming it's still hard to be ready.
Keep the memories! RIP!

mstraw9379

Thank you, everyone.
We don't really think about how much our furry companions mean to us, until you are standing there having to make that choice.
I know I made the right one. He was old, having difficulty breathing, and getting steadily worse. The Vet said he most likely wouldn't have made it through the night.
I was confident in my decision to ease his pain, until the Vet said he was gone.
Then the doubts started.

I know he's better off now.

Everyone give your furry friend a little extra attention every now and then.

74CJ5

Don’t let the doubt get in. From what your vet said, it was the best option and hopefully eased any pain. It’s been some time now but putting my dog of 16 1/2 years down was terrible despite knowing it had to be done. Keep hold of the memories and there will be a day when you are ready for another furry companion. It could take some time, and respectfully so, but dog lovers are better when there is a dog in their life.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Sorry for your loss... I cried like a little kid off and on for about two weeks after I had to put my dog down

jeeeep

Hooked
Sorry for your loss.

I know it's not easy but the right thing to do for them when it's time.

They never leave...

Top Bottom