Loud noise from the front differential during a turn

MTG

Caught the Bug
Wow Dave! What a bummer. Hopefully they get it fixed up quickly and you are able to take her on the maiden voyage part deux. :thumb:

dchew

Thanks Mike. Hey these are all just learning experiences! Now when I'm wheeling with a group and somebody's gears fail I will be a resource! Well, at least not dead weight :)

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Thanks Mike. Hey these are all just learning experiences! Now when I'm wheeling with a group and somebody's gears fail I will be a resource! Well, at least not dead weight :)

I know it sucks, but thats good youre staying positive about it.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

dchew

Well all your good wishes seem to be working. Got the parts this morning, the gear guy put them in and we assembled the front.

Hooked it up with the cover off, locked it, spun the tires, unlocked it, spun the tires. It all works like it should.

I put the cover on but will wait to fill it tomorrow.

Thanks again for all your help.

Dave

dchew

I compared the sensor (limit switch) he removed with my new spare, and it looks fine. So I now have two spares. Put that in your memory banks if anyone ever bends one.

He disassembled the the carrier that was in there. The only gears that are toast are the two locking gears; several teeth are missing and one is actually cracked. Anyone know if I can buy just those gears anywhere? Then I will have a full spare diff. If not I suppose I can have them made.

Dave

Top Bottom