Low range and won't go!

bhaner

I know exactly what you are talking about. I don't have a solution. Mine does it. No reason that I can tell. Usually I can stomp the throttle and it goes. Sometimes it stumbles and acts like its going to die. Is definitely an electrical cut out. fucking BS is what it is. it only does it off idle in 4lo.

Well at least I'm not alone. LOL!

bhaner

Thought I would update this post with my solution.

I sent my ECM off to HP Tuners for them to unlock.

When I got it back I was able to remove the torque limits set in the stock program.

It improved the issue but didn't solve it.

After more research I found that if you set the HP Tuners program to "Advanced" mode it opens up a few more settings!

The big one was a minimum speed requirement called "Powertrain Protect". There was a minimum speed that had to be met before torque was applied. Once I set that to 0 MPH things started to happen!

I have made a few trips to Sand Hollow and Moab since the changes were made and I haven't had the issue once!.

121072630_10223494850102921_6797648281707994120_n.jpg

ScottofKSU

Caught the Bug
Good on you for coming back to share the outcome!
Quick unrelated question, I am looking at the same fenders as you have in the videos so I can remove the "outer" fender when wheeling and keep it on while on the street. I notice you did not remove the outer portion and was wondering why? Thanks, and thanks again!

bhaner

Good on you for coming back to share the outcome!
Quick unrelated question, I am looking at the same fenders as you have in the videos so I can remove the "outer" fender when wheeling and keep it on while on the street. I notice you did not remove the outer portion and was wondering why? Thanks, and thanks again!
Good question! To be honest that video was from one of my first trips. I didn't even think about it!

For the last few trips if we are not on the highway I leave them off.

196899962_10159410223516703_2958707241959626453_n.jpg

Top Bottom