Lowering lift

Kdbray08JK

I know this is an old thread but I figured I can just post an update here. So I ended up getting some 37" grapplers around January but I still wanted to lower the lift down to around 4". I just received some 4" plush ride coils in the mail. My shocks that came with the lift I have are for 4-6 of lift. It looks like my arms and track bars are adjustable. What else will I need to move down to the 4" coils? I'm thinking maybe just sway bar end links?

Christarp

you should probably replace bumpstops but other than that and maybe sway bar links you should be good to go I think. Measure how much shock shaft you have and compare it to your bump stops and try cycling your suspension and see if you need different ones or not.

Pushrod

Your swaybar ends should be parallel with the ground when your links are connected so you should look at that when you replace the coils and make sure the links aren't too long.

Kdbray08JK

you should probably replace bumpstops but other than that and maybe sway bar links you should be good to go I think. Measure how much shock shaft you have and compare it to your bump stops and try cycling your suspension and see if you need different ones or not.

The bump stops and shock length both measure 6" so I figured those should be good. Now I'm going to look into some end links for a 4" lift. Thanks

Christarp

The bump stops and shock length both measure 6" so I figured those should be good. Now I'm going to look into some end links for a 4" lift. Thanks

If you have 6" of bump stop and lower your springs to 4" springs and still use 6" of bump stop you'll be riding on them the whole time and you'll have a very harsh ride.

Kdbray08JK

If you have 6" of bump stop and lower your springs to 4" springs and still use 6" of bump stop you'll be riding on them the whole time and you'll have a very harsh ride.
Maybe I worded that wrong, the distance from the bump stop has until it bottoms out is 6" and the shock length is 6" so if I lower the lift down about 2" the distance bump stop has and the shock length should be about 4" .

cis911

Hey man can you post a picture of your front and rear bump stops. I'm asking this because you may be able to trim your front bump stops, the ones I have are very similar to a body lift puck, which you can trim. And the rear bump stops can sometimes be flopped on their side for less bump stop. Ok with that being said, I have RockKrawler 3.5" coils and have shocks that are meant for a 6" lift kit, all I did was bump stop for the shock (at full compression the shock won't bottom out) that way you keep your current shocks and stay flexy. :thumb:

Kdbray08JK

Hey man can you post a picture of your front and rear bump stops. I'm asking this because you may be able to trim your front bump stops, the ones I have are very similar to a body lift puck, which you can trim. And the rear bump stops can sometimes be flopped on their side for less bump stop. Ok with that being said, I have RockKrawler 3.5" coils and have shocks that are meant for a 6" lift kit, all I did was bump stop for the shock (at full compression the shock won't bottom out) that way you keep your current shocks and stay flexy. :thumb:

Right now the bump stop matches how much shock length there is. So when I put the 4" coils in it will still match the shock length to keep them from bottoming out.

Top Bottom