LS swapped JL Wrangler!!!

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
You mean keep it Fiat? If Hyundai bought the Jeep brand tomorrow would you want to see a bad ass Santa Fe swap? Point being Jeep has been owned by everyone and their dog over the years so swapping in an engine from another manufacturer is hardly criminal.

Not to mention the LS platform is way easier to get BIG horsepower out of than other engines.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Same kind of people that want a fiat 500 motor in their jk "just because" 🙄

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah, give it a couple months and someone'll be posting up what douche bags these guys are and how bad this conversion sucks

The LS swap in the JK has been surprisingly reliable... 200% better than the diesel. The 5.3 in the LJ has had some small issues. The rear main on the back of the motor is on its way out. Can’t believe they didn’t put a new one in it while the motor was on a palette. But hey what can you expect...

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I bet it actually works fine. I personally dont like their conversions just due to parts. Running an ls with a Chrysler pcm issuing various Chrysler sensors and throttle body from different hemis would be a nitemare to troubleshoot if you had issues. But they do work well, I know several folks with their jk conversions.

The thing that scares me worse if they are reusing the transmission. In the jk, the nag1 was used behind hemis for years and is stout. The v6 8 speed cannot handle v8 torque, there is a beefier 8 speed for that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

The LS swap in the JK has been surprisingly reliable... 200% better than the diesel. The 5.3 in the LJ has had some small issues. The rear main on the back of the motor is on its way out. Can’t believe they didn’t put a new one in it while the motor was on a palette. But hey what can you expect...

Not to defend these guys but there really isn’t a reason to change the rear main on a LS, unless it’s high mileage.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
You mean keep it Fiat? If Hyundai bought the Jeep brand tomorrow would you want to see a bad ass Santa Fe swap? Point being Jeep has been owned by everyone and their dog over the years so swapping in an engine from another manufacturer is hardly criminal.

Not to mention the LS platform is way easier to get BIG horsepower out of than other engines.

The ls is way cheaper to get big hp out, not so much easier. The thing is you usually lose the low end torque to get that hp. A 6.4 hemi eats a 6.2 ls alive for hp and tq. Downside is weight though. All tradeoffs :)

Exodus 4x4

The ls is way cheaper to get big hp out, not so much easier. The thing is you usually lose the low end torque to get that hp. A 6.4 hemi eats a 6.2 ls alive for hp and tq. Downside is weight though. All tradeoffs :)

Cheaper for sure. How hard it is all depends on who’s doing it and their knowledge of the LS platform. Everyone has their own idea though of what’s better and really, that’s what makes all this so much fun.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Cheaper for sure. How hard it is all depends on who’s doing it and their knowledge of the LS platform. Everyone has their own idea though of what’s better and really, that’s what makes all this so much fun.

So true. I mean if you read the web you just go online, order a cam, drop it in and a junkyard 5.3 and make 600 rwhp lmao

My buddy just did a 408 stroker for his jk with a custom grind cam and lots of other goodies. It rips. Me I'm die hard ma mopar (there are reasons lol) so my tweaked 6.4 will work for me.

If Motech isn’t doing it...then nobody is doing it. As stated above anyone can shoehorn an engine into a vehicle. But if it isn’t integrated perfectly it will be a shit sandwich for the poor fucker that owns it.

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Weight, and the ability to keep it cool. Can’t say I’ve seen too many hemi swaps, even 5.7’s, that didn’t have cooling problems in a JK.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
If Motech isn’t doing it...then nobody is doing it. As stated above anyone can shoehorn an engine into a vehicle. But if it isn’t integrated perfectly it will be a shit sandwich for the poor fucker that owns it.
Motech is going to have a harder time doing what they do on the JL. They will get there most likely but will take time. They need to relearn all the can signals, interfaces, etc.

The hemi (or in this case an ls using a hemi controller) will be much easier as that stuff all exists in other vehicles with the same control system. I know 2 folks doing hemis right now.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I’m sure they hacked that together to say they did the first LS JL. It will take a long time and knowledgeable company like Motech to have everything seamlessly integrated.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug

Hyundai dealership near me shows an LS on their commercial and guarantees engines for life. I wanna stop in and ask about their LS swaps into their Hyundai vehicles. Lmao.

Weight, and the ability to keep it cool. Can’t say I’ve seen too many hemi swaps, even 5.7’s, that didn’t have cooling problems in a JK.

Hell dodge vehicles with hemis from the factory don't even stay cool. Buddy had a charger that always had problems.

Top Bottom