Lucky - a 17 JKU build

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
You’re gonna be busy, man! Are you regearing or just axles?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
It's just the rear axles. I need to find out if it's been regeared though. It drives surprising easy with the current 37s.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Decided to tackle the tie rod and draglink from exodus jeeps today. Reaming these knuckles ain't no joke. I've been on this draglink for hours. The tie rod knuckles were cake and my damn drill bit broke off while doing the passenger side draglink knuckle. I'm having a blast! Shout out to Bubba, thanks for being available during the weekend to answer all my questions, super helpful to us weekend mechanics. At least I'm just down to one knuckle then I'm done. 20200119_150435.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Finished up the tie rod and drag link. Everything's adjusted and working like a charm. Still on the waiting list for redneck ram. In the meantime I decided to take a look at the control arms and remove the geo bracket from the front.
Seems like the previous owner had some rubbing issues. I checked the lengths on the arms and every single one was off. I have a feeling the owner bought these used and just threw them on. One side didn't even match the other. Set them all to RK spec and no more bumpsteer! 20200120_133929.jpg 20200121_075524.jpg

bmkrinne

The new rods look very beefy! Nice work!

Was the axle centered - what was causing the spring to rub the frame?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
The new rods look very beefy! Nice work!

Was the axle centered - what was causing the spring to rub the frame?

The front arms were too long, about an inch. I'm guessing that's the reason and the driver side was shorter than the passenger side.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
New fenders installed with liners and changed out the Rubicon decals to the 10th anniversary version. Added the rockhard 4x4 tire carrier. I seem to have forgotten to take my extension arm for the license plate relocation from the wreck so I'll need to find another. This little fix will work for now though. 20200123_115917.jpg 20200115_133309.jpg

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Jeep looks great! Damn, that spare tire looks huge!!!

Tell me about it. It was fun getting it on the carrier by myself. Especially since I forgot to put the license relocation bracket the first time I mounted it.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Exhaust removed. F those hangers! And I had to cut the pipe anyway because the truss was in the way. 20200125_142200.jpg

Lots of WD and a pry bar and the pop right off

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

They make a cool pliers for just that purpose that work great. Also you need to up your lubricant game. Wd40 is like the Kia Rio of the options.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
I didn't have a problem until the rear hanger on the passenger side. I couldn't get a good grip on it. Tried the tool, pb blaster, and pry bar. Sawzall got it though!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I didn't have a problem until the rear hanger on the passenger side. I couldn't get a good grip on it. Tried the tool, pb blaster, and pry bar. Sawzall got it though!

That’ll do it!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Dynomax installed. So much easier getting this thing on vs taking the stock one off. LoD sliders installed. Slowly getting there. Still having some wandering and bumpsteer. Seems my caster is a bit off. Measuring around 85 degrees at the front diff. I'll have to readjust the front control arms again. What's the best way to ensure the rear arms are where they should be? My toe was off and got that dialed in to 1/16. 20200126_143711.jpg 20200129_165959.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
What's the best way to ensure the rear arms are where they should be?

Rear lower arms center the wheel in the wheel well.

Rear upper arms should be adjusted so that the rear axle pinion points right at the rear driveshaft. The driveshaft angle and pinion angle should be the same. You should be able to do this visually.

Top Bottom