M27 fuse keeps blowing

Frydaddy

Ill give it a shot! Think it may be a bad idea to push start it so i can get it home??

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Push starting it shouldn't hurt anything. find a little hill and pop the clutch. Don't forget the key on.

I had my buddies help me push my old Willys up the only hill around, three times before I realized the key was off. After that, she jumped to life just fine!

Tonygunslinger

Found the culprit. Never thought it could be! I had my sub and amp disconnected for a while now and the remote wire thats spliced in with my ignition switch must have jiggled its way under the carpet when i got death wobble after working my alignment out. It was touching the seat frame good...
Dont be a fool! And wrap your tools... and wire ends! Haha

WJCO

Meme King
Found the culprit. Never thought it could be! I had my sub and amp disconnected for a while now and the remote wire thats spliced in with my ignition switch must have jiggled its way under the carpet when i got death wobble after working my alignment out. It was touching the seat frame good...

Very cool you found the problem :thumb:

Frydaddy

I'm glad you found the fix! it can get downright nasty sometimes chasing a bad circuit.

I assume youre tapping into the ignition for the ACC signal? I would recommend moving the tap to something less critical than the ignition, maybe the outlet plug behind the center console. Or better yet, create youre own fused circuit for all your mods! Theres plenty of empty spots in the TIPM, like M7, that lets you chose how its triggered. I somewhat documented it here http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?36813-New-Rear-Lighting-Idea&p=704834&viewfull=1#post704834

Top Bottom