Magnaflow vs. MBRP Exhaust for Crawling....

wv14jk

Considering the price and the rebate DynoMax now has till the end of the month, I believe I would be foolish not to just do the DynoMax... But now I am trying to figure which system... If you say the exhaust is not a problem I like the short and sweet 39522 system... It is like a $176.79 and there is a $50 rebate... However, I saw in another thread someone talking about drone on the 3.6L and then going to the "Quiet Crawler" system. I cannot find a system called "Quiet Crawler". I only find a system they call Rock Crawler (part 59523) or the "Ultra-Flo" (part 59517). The only difference I see between the 2 is the RockCrawler uses a round muffler while the Ultra-Flo uses an oval. I think the "RockCrawler" may be designed to be tucked up and better clearance but I do not see any installed pictures. From what I can see on DynaMax website the 2 mufflers should sound relatively the same.

If one of the other slightly more pricey systems can do the trick then I would just use them if that means no drone... So what are the thoughts?

Link was given above in post #14.

It is an exhaust you piece together.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
You bring up a very good point.... And makes me wonder if Borla kept the lengths the same but getting rid of that excess pipe by plumbing a bit differently but still keeping stock lengths and such... I would think a company with the long standing rep that Borla has would create a pipe that decreases power / efficiency / etc...

I personally like Borla just because I have one of their systems on my old 94' YJ and 10+ years after buying the system they would actually replaced my muffler when the issue was not anything wrong with their stuff but my driveshaft breaking and slapping it pretty good. Shockingly they covered it as warranty when it was obviously abuse...

I think I will send them an Email and bring up your point and ask as the pictures are horrible to go by 100% and identify if they maintained equal lengths.

Thanks,

Negative, no drone with a 3.6L. See post 14, for a link on how to build it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

F

Fionayeti

I have the MBRP exhaust, the high end stainless steel, not the cheap stainless that'll rust in a few years. The exhaust sits up high and tight out of the way dumping just over the rear axle. I never had a problem scraping, even after my trips to Moab, the Rubicon and areas in Colorado. As far as sound, that's very subjective. I like it but others may not. But I don't really care about sound as I can only hear the radio and my tires. Ha! I don't smell any exhaust in the back but again, I don't sit back there...Combined with the Volant CAI, regearing and Superchips mods, I maybe gained 18 HP and few MPH's. An exhaust alone will do nothing for power. There's no substitute for cubic inches. My 3.8 isn't going to be a rocket, ever. However, it's reliable and does exactly what I need it to do.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender copy.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom