Martha the TJ

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
When the swap is all done the fun stuff begins. I'm repainting the Jeep a variation of Tiffany blue but I'm thinking about adding some triple stage pearl into it so it looks like a different color from different angles. Imagine this color but with some more shine to it. I'm also changing to metal cloak front modular overland tube fenders with full body armor and a solid swing out carrier since I'm also jumping to 35's. Overall if all goes to plan ( and it should since ive finally figured out the wiring) this is going to be one badass TJ by the end of the summer. I can't wait to get out to Moab with her. b9d79980a9c3282a8c0504e46e44e25f--jeep-wrangler-rubicon-jeep-wranglers.jpeg

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Got into an accident today 🙄 person cut off the woman in front of me and when I slammed on my brakes they locked since my SE model didn't come with ABS. Gonna end up being my fault but I'm not too stressed over it. More irritated than anything plus I'm still in shock but it is what it is. Having not driven the Wrangler full time in almost two years I had forgotten that no and means more likely to lock up. IMG_20190312_140132.jpg IMG_20190312_140507.jpg IMG_20190312_140514.jpg

Sent from my PH-1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Some tub damage as well but I ran it past one of my body guys and he said it's able to be straightened and reinforced. When the fender crumpled it pushed back into the tub and bowed a small section.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm glad you are alright!
Something for you to watch out for now that you're here unfortunately. People drive like the biggest assholes here. No turn signals or regard for others around them. I'm lucky it wasn't worse but I need to do my brakes and swap to ceramic pads and increase my following distance anyways so this is a wake up call.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I got my shifter tower and stick spaced out centered where it needed to be for boots. Center console is back in and while I'm not used to shifting with brand new boots (it's pretty stiff) it's very nice to not be able to look through and see the ground when I'm driving. Plus it quieted the cab way down. Tonight's agenda is to seal the block off plate I made for the abs for the rear axle, retorque my header bolts since I have a driver side exhaust leak at the head, and maybe get my decoy cat bolted in. It's a high flow one that's just there in case I get inspected. I was going to hollow it out but I found it may resonate funny and cause weird exhaust noise. Tomorrow and Sunday night I'm going to slowly but surely reassemble the dash.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'll be lifting her soon as well. Looking around I think the most cost effective with good ride would be this one Screenshot_20190315-154254.jpg If the money is right I would go with the rs9000 shocks too. Any suggestions? I'm doing 3-4" lift range to accommodate 35's

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
That should be nice.

Any reason to stick with short arms instead of going to a long arm set up?
Most of the long arm setups I've seen for TJs require more cutting and welding than I want to do. I just spent 2 years cutting and welding various things. Plus the price difference is significant although I know it will rode much better

BaddestCross

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
If you can swing it go long arms. Most bolt on no welding just cut the stock mounts off, pretty easy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
The other issue is most I've seen require a belly up skid plate. It would take a good amount of modification to get my custom tranny mount to fit one of those. The new engine pulled the tranny about 3 inches forward and 2 inches to the left.

Top Bottom