Martha the TJ

jdofmemi

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I'm also using the fiberglass cab closeout kit from Dinoot. My lines are marked so it will work with the Gr8tops half hard top as well as a Brute half hard top if I can get my hands on one. Luckily Dinoot is located in Eugene so I just drove down and picked it up instead of paying for shipping. I'm for sure going flatbed now that Im looking into it more. Means less fabrication for my guy and more money in my pocket since I can build a flatbed no problem.

Sent from my SM-G960W using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Got a good amount of work done today. Frame is cut and I have some final trimming and cleaning up to do on the cab but I should be able to build my brackets and dry fit the closeout panel. 20191013_195939.jpg 20191013_200000.jpg 20191013_213322.jpg 20191013_213317.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
That flat bed’s going to look sweet. A hell of a lot of work, but worth it when you pull it off!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
I just always hated the back seat on my TJ. Never enough room and a nightmare to get into. 90 % of the time I ran the rear seat out and a Ford ranger jump seat in to give me more "bed" room. This also manages to quench my comanche bug.

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
So long term I think I am going to be happy with the Ford 8.8 in the rear. Biggest tires it will ever have are 35's but the engine will of course get more powerful the more I tinker with it. I've looked at a good super 8.8 kit and I think it would make a great long term solution. The axle is already trussed as part of the Artec swap kit. Any thoughts from anyone who has used something like this? Screenshot_20191107-142132_Chrome.jpg

No personal experience but I know it’s the way most guys go. And with the c clip eliminator it puts your axle width almost exactly the width of stock tj as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Rst8rox

So long term I think I am going to be happy with the Ford 8.8 in the rear. Biggest tires it will ever have are 35's but the engine will of course get more powerful the more I tinker with it. I've looked at a good super 8.8 kit and I think it would make a great long term solution. The axle is already trussed as part of the Artec swap kit. Any thoughts from anyone who has used something like this? View attachment 337597

The guys at ECGS have never pointed me in a wrong direction. If they sell it there’s a reason and they believe in it. There customer service is on point as well.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Well after a rough non Jeep related months I'm back. The Jeep is stitched back together. Just tack welded for now but it's in one piece again. Scored a 14 bolt full float for 100 bucks and got the front Dana 60 from the same Chevy squarebody. I might be in the works of trading an old Tig welder for a running Jeep Cherokee Wagoneer as well.

Top Bottom