Matticon's Build Thread

matticon

Hey if you don't mind me asking what's the price range that you paid for the wheel and tire combo? That's my ideal combo and was wondering if you got a good deal somewhere.

No problem at all man. I went to my local tire shop and ordered the wheels and tires through them. The lift kit ran me about 700 bucks. It's a great lift to start but I've had problems with the adjustable track bar making a really bad squeaking noise. It's a simple fix by just applying more lubricant. Also, I'm going to be upgrading specific components in the future. Tires ran me about 220 a piece and the methods were about 200 bucks.

TankJK

No problem at all man. I went to my local tire shop and ordered the wheels and tires through them. The lift kit ran me about 700 bucks. It's a great lift to start but I've had problems with the adjustable track bar making a really bad squeaking noise. It's a simple fix by just applying more lubricant. Also, I'm going to be upgrading specific components in the future. Tires ran me about 220 a piece and the methods were about 200 bucks.

Thanks for the response! I run a 2.5" (closer to 3.5") Teraflex lift kit and haven't run into any issues with the track bar. Eventually when I go to 35s I want to beef everything up and go heavy duty track bar, tie rod, drag link, and control arms just because I'm less then gentle when wheeling and and throwing that extra weight around won't help hahaha

matticon

Thanks for the response! I run a 2.5" (closer to 3.5") Teraflex lift kit and haven't run into any issues with the track bar. Eventually when I go to 35s I want to beef everything up and go heavy duty track bar, tie rod, drag link, and control arms just because I'm less then gentle when wheeling and and throwing that extra weight around won't help hahaha

That's my exact plan after I get some armor!

TankJK

Also if you bought your rig used make sure the bushing and joints in your track bar are still good over time they deteriorate and can lead to axle shift and bigger problems than a squeaking noise!!

matticon

Also if you bought your rig used make sure the bushing and joints in your track bar are still good over time they deteriorate and can lead to axle shift and bigger problems than a squeaking noise!!

Yea I've already checked and looked over plenty of times. Thanks tho!

Top Bottom