MattMc's build thread

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
So Matt I feel like we got the same shit goin on. I also had the wrong hardware on my 5th wheel and we pretty much have have the same build. Subscribed to your thread.

MattMc

So Matt I feel like we got the same shit goin on. I also had the wrong hardware on my 5th wheel and we pretty much have have the same build. Subscribed to your thread.

Thanks man. The odd wheel was also the only one that had the center already installed. It was the first one I opened, and then I freaked out when I opened the second. At first I thought the cap was missing, but it was just behind the wheel.

MattMc

Had a friend of mine weld on the C gussets today. He left a couple spots not done, as the coils and sway bar were in his way. He'll finish it up after the lift is installed, and then we'll paint them.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457411733.917896.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457411747.731079.jpg

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
Thanks man. The odd wheel was also the only one that had the center already installed. It was the first one I opened, and then I freaked out when I opened the second. At first I thought the cap was missing, but it was just behind the wheel.

Haha, mine was the last wheel I opened and the only one without the center cap installed.

MattMc

Haha, mine was the last wheel I opened and the only one without the center cap installed.

I think Trailless said that his came with the ring bolts not installed. That would save some time, as it takes a few minutes just to get them all out. Either way, doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the packaging. One thing that was interesting is that when I asked EVO for an update, they said they talked to ATX, and that ATX was drilling the lug holes. Not sure why, but I figured they'd have a ton already drilled.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I think Trailless said that his came with the ring bolts not installed. That would save some time, as it takes a few minutes just to get them all out. Either way, doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the packaging. One thing that was interesting is that when I asked EVO for an update, they said they talked to ATX, and that ATX was drilling the lug holes. Not sure why, but I figured they'd have a ton already drilled.

Yea, I pulled all my rings to color match them to the jeep. I just used a 3/8 drive attachment and my cordless drill. Zips them off super fast. When I go to install I'll probably use the drill as well as an air ratchet.

Grubbicon

For future reference my dad and I ended up getting a pretty good system with out many we have mounted. We stand on either side and just take turns back and forth. Seemed to work for us much faster then doing a wheel alone. Then when it started to get down there I finished them with a torque wrench.

MattMc

Posting before measurements. Will edit in after measurements when done, which may be a while.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457836343.734057.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457836369.995591.jpg

Was only able to finish the front today. Drag link was a bitch.

I'm tired and going to bed.

thardy

Banned
Here's a "halfway" and it's definitely looking good. Need to get the front shocks swapped for the correct ones and the rear done.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457842142.443802.jpg

Top Bottom