MattMc's build thread

Looking good for sure wheels and tires make a world of difference

Woah! Talk about growing up. Looking awesome! I love that color combo with Slabs.

Holy Crap what a difference! Looks good!

Looks fantastic! Great job.

Wow! Now that's a transformation!

Looking good!

Looks killer Matt

If that's only halfway, I can't wait to see what it turns out like!

Looks great buddy. Looking forward to see it finished.

Night and day difference. Looks good.

Thanks for the complements everyone. I'm back at it today, lone wolfing it. So far I have the rear axle free. At the cutting of the track bar bracket step. After that it's brake lines then reassemble with new stuff.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457909304.649669.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457909335.325493.jpg

I'm not in a big rush at this point, due to not having shocks for the front. I'll talk to Trail Jeeps about that tomorrow, but even if they overnight them, I won't be able to work on it until next weekend.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457984737.220168.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457984752.312318.jpg
I'm ready to hang tires! Gonna eat some lunch before wrestling those on.

ETA on new shocks is before this weekend.

Damn looks really good Matt. Don't forget to take off those nylon retainers on the studs that factory puts on during assembly to hold the rotors on.

Damn looks really good Matt. Don't forget to take off those nylon retainers on the studs that factory puts on during assembly to hold the rotors on.

I think I know what you're talking about, but mine were metal. With the fins sticking out. If that makes sense.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458506958.782004.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458506970.999623.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1458506980.972463.jpg

Got her on all fours and rolling today. She looks amazing!

Also centered the steering wheel, and cut the rails. The rails aren't on in these pics, obviously. They may need to be cut more in the future. We also took the end caps off of the front bumper.

Still waiting on the front shocks to arrive. That should happen tomorrow. If I can get them in in time, I'll drive the Jeep to be fitted for a driveshaft.

Looks awesome Matt! :thumb:

I agree with all of the guys. Jeep is looking kick ass

Thanks ya'll. I finally got the correct shocks delivered and installed. I've been driving it to work this week. Seems to handle ok, although I'm not sure what I should be expecting.

I have encountered issues with the Procal. Basically it honks twice like it's working, but none of the changes have taken. I tried disconnecting the battery and touching the positive and negative leads together for about 30 seconds, then flashing, but that didn't help. I'm not sure if I should disconnect the battery before or after flashing, and for how long. I called AEV and left a voicemail on Monday. Haven't heard back. I'll try again this Monday, and will take further measures if I don't hear from them.

If anyone has any tips, I'd appreciate them.

Thanks ya'll. I finally got the correct shocks delivered and installed. I've been driving it to work this week. Seems to handle ok, although I'm not sure what I should be expecting.

I have encountered issues with the Procal. Basically it honks twice like it's working, but none of the changes have taken. I tried disconnecting the battery and touching the positive and negative leads together for about 30 seconds, then flashing, but that didn't help. I'm not sure if I should disconnect the battery before or after flashing, and for how long. I called AEV and left a voicemail on Monday. Haven't heard back. I'll try again this Monday, and will take further measures if I don't hear from them.

One of the reasons i like the superchips is the screen, that way i can view the config to be sure it took. I know that doesnt help, but returning the aev is an option...

Let us know what you find out. I have a procal sitting in the garage I need to use. Hoping I don't run into the same issue.

Top Bottom