MedixJK build thread

So back to LED lighting...i really want a small/medium LED bar on bumper. There will at somepoint be a winch there as well, just not sure when. How are those of you with a similar setup mounting the light? Is it on the fairlead/winch?

My 12" mount is like spacer to the fairlead on my winch.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1448308865.570359.jpg

Only I have now on hand.

Pretty much exactly what i want. Maybe 14" idk. So that mounts using the winch parts, meaning i couldnt do it until the winch was in place right?

You could buy the fair lead brackets and add the light now if you wanted but IMO it would be better to wait to see what comes with the winch you buy

Im sure you could just run some bolts and washers to hold the mount till you get the winch you want, or just buy a fairlead if there is one you really like now. If I ever stop being lazy and install my evo one I can send my quadratec fairlead down.

You could buy the fair lead brackets and add the light now if you wanted but IMO it would be better to wait to see what comes with the winch you buy

I was afraid you would say that lol. A light is alot easier to scrounge cash for than a Warn winch lol

Im sure you could just run some bolts and washers to hold the mount till you get the winch you want, or just buy a fairlead if there is one you really like now. If I ever stop being lazy and install my evo one I can send my quadratec fairlead down.

It will be a zeon, 8 or 10 w synthetic line. Not sure how the light mount actually works, ive never really looked at anybodys.

They just sandwhich mount between the bumper and the fairlead. Well on the 1/4 pounder they do. I think on yours its one piece actually as the fairlead light mount would bolt to the bumper.

Bumper looks great Matt. Here's my light bar mount. Mine is a PSC mount that mounts to the top of the roller fairlead. It's meant for a Rigid 10" but since mine is a little longer I had to drill some new holes in it to mount this one to.

attachment2ZU9TW85.jpg

Lightbar Mount

I got a light bar that has sliding mounts and bolted right onto my roller fairlead. Not a great close up, but this gives the idea. It'll look better once I get a bumper with a recessed winch mount.
12250102_10100942076398711_7671961242746372890_n.jpg

Top Bottom